Forming A Bond

Erza POV

I was having a nightmare about my past when I suddenly wake and sit up in a cold sweat. I breath heavily as I cup my hand to my face and shed a tear. I then noticed I didn't feel (Y/n) next to me, I frantically turned my head looking for him. Then I get the thought of turning on the lantern next to me bed and I finally see (Y/n) cowering in the corner with his head in his knees.

Erza: *exhale* *stands and walks over to (Y/n)*

I kneel down and touch his head, he didn't flinch away, but he did raise his head to look at me, he had remnants of tears running down his face.

Erza: *affectionate smile* You had a nightmare too, huh?

(Y/n): *sniffles* *nods* Yes.

I wrap my arms around his back and under him then pick him up and hold him close to me. I take us back to bed and as I sit down, I gently rub his back and suddenly remember a song that my own mother sang to me when I was little.

Ezra: *singing*

Come stop your crying
It'll be alright
Just take my hand
Hold it tight
I will protect you
From all around you
I will be here
Don't you cry

For one so small
You seem so strong
My arms will hold you
Keep you safe and warm
This bond between us
Can't be broken
I will be here don't you cry

Cause you'll be in my heart
Yes, you'll be in my heart
From this day on
Now and forever more

You'll be in my heart
No matter what they say
You'll be here in my heart
Always

*normal voice* Always.

I held and rocked (Y/n) until I hear him snoring, I smile as I feel something I haven't felt in a long time, peace. I keep holding (Y/n) close to me as I get us under the blanket and- *trails off as she yawns* Good night.

Timeskip Next Morning

I flutter my eyes open as the sound of morning birds fills the air, I still feel (Y/n) in my arms, but I remind myself we've got a lot to do today.

Erza: (Y/n)? Time to wake up.

(Y/n): Mmm. Five more minutes, Mommy.

Erza: *confused* (Y/n)? Wake up, we've got stuff to do today.

(Y/n) groggily opens his eyes and yawns as he stretches, he looks at me and grows a small smile with a hint, still, of shyness. I place and gentle hand on (Y/n)'s shoulder and he looks up at me again.

Erza: Good morning, (Y/n).

(Y/n): M-Morning, Ms. Erza.

Erza: Just Erza will be fine. You don't need to be so formal with me.

(Y/n): O-Okay.

Erza: Now, let's get washed up and ready for the day, we've got some shopping to do.

(Y/n): What's shopping?

Regardless, I requip my armor and get (Y/n) dressed, we then head for the Guild Hall after saying good morning to some of the girls. We enter the Guild Hall and it's surprisingly light on company, the others must be sleeping in.

Mira: Good morning, Erza. And good morning to you, young (Y/n).

(Y/n): H-H-Hi.

Erza: What's for breakfast, Mira?

Mira: Red beans and rice with smoked sausage.

Erza: Two plates then, please?

Mira: Coming right up.