A Trip With Erza

(Y/n) POV

Mom and I walk into the Guild Hall one morning and Mira gets breakfast ready.

Erza: (Y/n), wait here. I'll just be upstairs.

(Y/n): How come I can't go up there?

Erza: Because it's for the S-Class ranked wizards only and because Master Makarov said so. I'll be right back.

Mom goes upstairs, I saw Natsu try to go up there a couple times but Master Makarov always swatted him away like a fly. Oh well, I start eating and almost finish when Mom returns with a job bounty in hand.

Erza: Master. I'd like to take this job.

Master: *looks over job request* Alright then. Be careful out there.

Mira: I can watch (Y/n) for you if you like?

Erza: It's okay, I'll be taking him with.

Makarov: I must strongly advise against this course of action. He hasn't even unlocked his magic yet.

Erza: *turns to me* (Y/n), I will only allow to accompany me to strictly observe and not act. You must do everything I tell you without question, if I say jump, you say how high, understood?

(Y/n): Yes Ma'am!

Erza: *to Makarov* It'll be fine. He's gotta figure out how wizard jobs work at some point. *to me* Let's pack a bag for you and we'll get going.

(Y/n): Okay.

And that's what we do, though I don't know why Mom had a large wagon of seemingly useless crap. We head out of town and board a horse drawn cart.

(Y/n): So what's the job request?

Erza: Some pirates have been terrorizing the people of Hargeon, a port town on the coast.

(Y/n): Well that doesn't sound very hard. Why is it considered an S-Class request?

Erza: There's something about this job that makes it more dangerous than others of it's kind, I just need to figure it out.

It was a few days before we reach Hargeon, I've never been here before but I had heard it was a wealthy place since a lot of trade comes through here.

(Y/n): I still can't figure out why a bunch of pirates would be considered this dangerous.

Erza: Let's head to the local tavern first.

(Y/n): Why?

Erza: It's a good place to hear gossip. People like to talk when they're drunk.

(Y/n): *deadpanned* They also like to punch people.

Erza: Point being, it's a gathering place for all kinds of people, maybe we'll figure out more about these pirates if we just sit quietly and listen.

After Erza talks her way past the bouncer at said tavern, saying I was with her and would only drink water or soda, plus she wasn't planning on getting drunk, we sit at a two person table and Mom orders drinks.

Erza: *whispers* Remember, just be quiet and listen.

(Y/n): *nods*

I listen and a lot of fhe conversations were, well, they're not worth a kid repeating. Anyways, I was starting to get bored after an hour, but I kept quiet because I didn't want to upset Mom. Until-

Man: We should drive those Pirates out of our waters?!

Man 2: And how do you suggest we do that, their ship is equipped with the latest of eanchanted cannons always pointed straight at the town. Plus their crew are too dangerous for us tackle, but worse is their captain who's never been beaten.