Mine ~ MinSung

"MinMin?" called Jisung in a tremulous voice. "MinMin, where are you? I can't see you... and I'm so c-cold!"

As Jisung rolled around frantically in bed, his fingertips brushed against his big, soft plushie, and a relieved smile washed over his face. He pulled the object into his embrace, saying "MinMin! I found you!" with a contented sigh. He curled up in a ball, pulling the blanket up to his chin, and drifted back to a happier place.

Five minutes later, though, something woke him up.

Sitting up in bed, he listened intently for a while, but the only thing he could hear was Jeongin's loud snores. Putting his pillow over his head, he tried to go back to sleep, but it was no use. He sighed deeply, and decided to go and get a snack from the kitchen.

Closing the bedroom door quietly, he wandered wearily down the hallway. As he turned the corner into the kitchen, he stopped short. Minho was standing at the bench spreading a piece of toast. He had his Airpods in, and was humming along to a song, as well as dancing in tiny to it. Jisung recognised the song as Minho's latest favourite - he'd been listening to it on repeat all week.

He stood in the doorway, mesmerised, unable to take his eyes off the older boy. Something about him was so ethereal right now. But eventually he stirred and wandered over to where Minho was, snaking his arms around the older's waist and leaning his head on his shoulder.

Minho immediately stopped humming and dancing, but he didn't turn around. He just swayed gently from side to side in time with the music. Soon enough, though, he turned around inside Jisung's embrace and placed one of the Airpods in the younger's ear; then he put his own head on Jisung's shoulder and his arms around his waist.

Jisung smiled as he heard what was playing now. This was his favourite song; a soft, slow, romantic piece that never failed to pull at his heartstrings.

As he listened, he relaxed completely in Minho's arms. This thing he and Minho had was perfect, he thought. He had no idea what it was, but it was perfect. From the very beginning they'd had a closeness, a connection, that was as natural as a squirrel with a pile of nuts, or a cat with a bowl of milk.

They always found themselves together, mostly at night when everyone else was tucked up in bed, but sometimes during the day too. The other members didn't even bat an eyelid anymore.

When the song came to an end, Minho took both Airpods out and put them in his pocket. Then he lifted Jisung's chin to look into his eyes.

"What are you doing out here, Hannie?"

Jisung's smile dropped. "Something woke me up, and I couldn't get back to sleep," he said sadly.

"Well, I need to go to bed now, 'cause it's really late. I'll take you back to your room."

The younger pouted, looking imploringly at his hyung. "But hyung, you know I can't get to sleep without cuddles!"

Minho gazed into Jisung's child-like face, willing himself to be firm. But his resolve crumbled in seconds, as it always did.

With a gentle sigh, he said, "Alright, you can come and cuddle with me for a while."

Smiling inwardly at Jisung's sudden grin, Minho took the younger's hand in his own, picking up his plate of toast with the other.

When they got to the bedroom, Minho chivvied Jisung into the bed first so he could put his toast on the bedside table. Climbing in after him, he sat against the headboard as Jisung made himself comfortable against his side.

While he munched quietly on his toast, Minho gazed adoringly at Jisung's innocent face and played gently with his soft locks. God, he loved these moments, when the world seemed far away, and the two of them could be together without interruption.

He loved it when Jisung came to him for cuddles, loved showering him with affection. He knew they weren't boyfriends - far from it, in fact - but they just seemed to fit together so naturally.

Minho had had eyes only for Jisung since they first met, and had often wanted to take things to another level, but he wasn't sure that Jisung liked him in that way. It was hard for the older sometimes, but Jisung's happiness was paramount to him, so he was willing to wait til the younger was ready for more. And he was quite happy to wait right here, with his arms around this beautiful boy, holding him close.

Brushing the last of the toast crumbs off his fingers, Minho slid down next to Jisung and wrapped an arm around him. He gently pushed some stray locks out of the younger's eyes, and kissed him lightly on the forehead. As he closed his eyes and drifted off to sleep, he thought: We may not be there yet, but I already know he's mine.

Jisung had been sleeping lightly, but he stirred when Minho lay down; he opened his eyes just as the older was closing his. Gosh, he thought to himself, he really is beautiful tonight. He let out a soft sigh, marvelling at how lucky he was.

Who needed flowers and chocolates and cutesy teddy bears holding love-hearts? Not me, Jisung thought. Minho's cuddles were all he needed, all he'd ever wanted.

It had all started back when they were trainees. He would never forget the first time he'd held Minho's hand: they'd been standing in front of Park Jin-Young PD-nim, and Jisung's hands had been shaking. Minho had immediately grabbed his hand, giving him a dazzling smile. Jisung's heart had stuttered in that moment, and he hadn't known where to look or what to think. But he shyly returned Minho's smile and basked in the feeling of his soft, warm skin.

Not long afterwards, Minho had trembled with anxiety as he waited to perform Changbin's rap. Seeing this, Jisung had slipped his hand into the older's, his heart rate instantly doubling. Minho had squeezed Jisung's hand briefly, his utter relief showing plainly in the look they'd exchanged afterwards.

From that moment onwards, Jisung knew one thing beyond a shadow of a doubt - he needed more. More hand-holding, more skin-to-skin contact, more Minho. He just couldn't get enough of the warmth radiating out of the older's hand. It was honestly addictive, Jisung had to admit. Fortunately, he discovered, Minho felt exactly the same way.

Now, more than three years later, lying in Minho's arms was Jisung's safe place, his 'home'. If he could, he would stay like this forever. I mean, sure, it'd be cool to change things up one day, maybe do some kissing or something. Maybe. One day. But right now, this was perfect.

Jisung's eyes started sliding closed again as Minho's steady heartbeat lulled him back to sleep. He still didn't know what the older boy was to him - more than a friend, but not quite a boyfriend. But as he succumbed to sleep, he mumbled the one thing he knew for sure: "He's mine."