Promises (Part 2) ~ MinSung

Minho looked out the car window, smiling to himself. He couldn't wait to see Jisung's face when they arrived at their destination! He was very proud of his plan, and so far, it was working perfectly.

They'd spent the day doing what the younger had wanted, and having a wonderful time, of course. But now it was Minho's turn to take them somewhere, and he just knew that Jisung would love it. You see, Minho knew his boyfriend better than anyone. He knew what the younger really liked, what made him smile like nothing else could.

He glanced at Jisung, then, a twinge of guilt prickling in his chest at the sad look on his face. It was unfortunate that they'd had to leave Namsan Mountain when they did, but the younger would soon forget his woes once he saw the surprise that was waiting for him. Minho was sure about that.

To make the trip go a little faster, and wipe the frown off his boyfriend's face, Minho turned on his playlist of romantic songs, then reached out and took Jisung's hand in his own, squeezing gently.

He felt the younger relax, a smile slowly appearing on his lips. He gently rubbed his thumb across the back of Jisung's hand, and when their eyes met briefly, he sent him a cheeky wink.

Jisung blushed and looked away, making the older chuckle. See? Things were getting better already!

After they'd been driving for about half an hour, Minho pulled off the road into a small parking lot surrounded by trees. He immediately jumped out of the car and went around to the passenger side, opening Jisung's door for him. The younger gave him a funny look, but got out nonetheless, and looked around him.

"Where are we?" he asked in a puzzled voice.

"You'll see," Minho answered, grinning. "Just go through the gap over there and down the path, through the trees. I'll be right behind you."

So Jisung followed Minho's directions, while the older opened the car boot and lifted out a large basket. Hurrying after his boyfriend, he caught up to him just in time to see him stop short, his mouth falling open in shock.

Coming to the end of the path and out of the trees, Minho smiled, taking in the view. Straight ahead of them was a sparkling, blue expanse of water, gentle waves lapping on a beautiful, sandy beach. And arching overhead, the whole sky was ablaze with colour. Vibrant reds and oranges and yellows were bleeding down the sky, as if the clouds had been painted with watercolours and then hung up to dry, dripping their colour into the sea below.

Minho walked up to the younger and placed the basket down on the sand. Then he wound his arms around Jisung's waist and put his head on his shoulder.

"You like it?"

The younger turned to face Minho, and for a solid five seconds, he did nothing but stare at him, his eyes wide and his lip trembling. Then he flung his arms around his boyfriend's neck and pulled him into a crushing hug.

For a full minute, Jisung held onto Minho as though his life depended on it. As if the older would float away as soon as he let go. He was squeezing him so tightly that Minho could feel him trembling from head to toe.

Finally, Jisung loosened his grip. The first thing Minho noticed when he pulled away was the tears coursing down the squirrel-boy's cheeks. He reached out his hand and lovingly wiped them away, murmuring, "Oh, jagi..."

The younger sniffled, then softly giggled. "Look at me, crying over a sunset!"

He found Minho's hands, then, and intertwined their fingers. "It's so beautiful, though. Thank you so much for bringing me here, hyung. This day seriously couldn't get any better!"

The older raised his eyebrows, a smirk playing around his lips. "You sure about that?"

Jisung looked at him questioningly. "What do you mean?" Then he narrowed his eyes. "What have you done, hyung?"