Chapter 20

Warning: SPG

Chapter 20: Silver platter or treasure chest

As an Attero, aside from our blood and heart oath, mana is one of the most important things in life. Your value as a magician will always be based on the mana you possessed and the way you drew your hand in the air with old characters, symbols, and prayers. It's the way your hands glistened brandishing the power you have.  

That's why when my family realized the absence of mana in my body, it was like everything seemed like a curse. Hindi lang para sa akin kundi pati na rin sa buong angkan.

It was a disgrace that every family would be desperately willing to hide. I was deprived of my mana since I was a child, experienced different types of discrimination and humiliation that made me cry silently at the night.

Kaya nang malaman ko na ako ang napili ialay sa diyos na siyang sinasamba ng lahat, labag man sa loob ko'y tinanggap ko iyon. It was the only way to save my whole clan from the disgrace.

But who would have thought that the supposed ritual would send me an answer?

Na ang ritwal na inakala ng lahat ay pag-aalay sa akin ay kabaliktaran pala. Caleb Lancelot Gazellian from the other world crossed the Fevia Attero to deliver my mana—my mana inside his body.

It was like my mana on a silver platter.

But how? When? Why him to all the creatures?

Sa kabila ng kaalamang abot kamay ko na ang bagay na minimithi ko, hindi mawala sa sulok ng isipan ko ang mga katanungan at pagtataka.

"Focus," Caleb whispered near my lips.

He pulled away, closing his lips. Natigil sa paglipat ang mana mula sa katawan niya patungo sa akin.

"Hey. . ." I tried to reach his shoulder but he put a little more distance.

"So, now I'm a silver platter."

I blinked twice. Halos mapabangon ako sa hinihigaan ko dahil sa narinig mula sa kanya. I was sure that I didn't blurt it out. Nasa isip ko lang iyon.

He can read my mind?

"I am," he said with a grin.

He placed his folded arms on the bed straws near the side of my head, he lowered his face with his lips quite parted as another batch of stings of mana flowed from him down to my lips.

Bahagyang bumuka ang mga labi ko upang tanggapin ang lahat ng mana ko mula sa kanya. And just like his previous silly movements, Caleb kept on switching the position of his head with his lips consistently closing and opening to tease me and follow him.

"C-caleb!"

"Which do you prefer? The treasure chest or the silver platter, Callista?"

Caleb leaned his forehead with mine, I could also feel the tip of his nose as both of our lips parted with the mana connecting us.

"Either way, they are both mine."

Mas lalong umawang ang mga labi niya sa sinabi kong iyon at bahagya siyang napadistansya mula sa akin. Tumaas ang kilay ko sa kanya.

Akala niya ba'y siya lang ang marunong magsalita ng ganoon?

"Y-yes, of course. Yours," ilang beses pa siyang tumango sa akin bago niya ako muling daluhan.

Both of my hands clasped with him as he placed it slowly above my head as if we're creating an invisible circle on the bed of straws with the dim light from the lantern and the string of mana from his mouth.