//actually expected//

Time skip 6 years later

'Alright! Finally after months of doing this I finally perfectly made a glider!' I thought proudly as I landed safely. Right after I made the glider, I always tested it out by gliding from a tree and finally! After 5 months of redoing the glider I have successfully glided safely without the glider failing me!

I actually made a swing near the entrance of the forest to leave me with any suspicions as I hid the glider in the tree. I'm now turning 11, now my escape is near. 

I taped my arrow to a shard of blade I got from under my bed. Again, in those years I practiced my aiming and other combat techniques to use against both humans and those creatures.

I figured that learning how to throw knives ain't bad, so I also practiced that but still.. eh.

I got back to the house and went directly to the kitchen to drink water. "How come you still get back home tired even though you don't play that much?" Someone asked as I turned to see the woman that took care of us.

"That's because I dance instead, mama!" I said proudly with eyes closed and my right hand on my chest as the woman laughed at my actions "why don't you let me see your dance moves huh, Y/n?" She asks as she laughed

"Nu-uh! I'm still thinking of a new dance step mama! I wanna finish the song!" I exclaimed putting my arms in a sign of a cross as she chuckled and patted my head "alright then, dear. Would you help me prepare dinner then?" She asks.

"Ah sure! I'll just change my clothes, hehe. I'm soaked in my sweat" I laughed awkwardly as she smiled softly and let me go to the bathroom to change.

'geez, still need to keep up the act huh?' I asked myself as I looked at my reflection in the mirror 'just a few more days, and we'll finally get our freedom' I smirked proudly as I washed my face and changed my clothes.

"Okey!! I'm back!! Now let me help!" I exclaimed as I ran to the kitchen to help the only adult.

Throughout the past years I kept my childish act but made it more mature slowly by time. Of course, I gotta act like the others. If I'm going to be honest, I have great respect for Isabella. She kept a motherly act not even giving hints that she's going to send us to our deaths.

If you're asking how I knew her name, that's because one time I followed her as she sent Melvin to his death and those demons called her by her name.

I helped set up the table and prepared the food as Gilda and Anna were preparing the other kids "big sister!" I heard a familiar voice of a young girl "could read me this story!?" The young girl hugged my waist as I smiled softly at her

"Later, Connie. I'm still helping mama" I said softly as I patted her head "awe, Oki. Can I help? I want you to finish faster!" She proposed as I just nodded and gave her the instructions.

'And I thought I said to not get close with the children' I chuckled at my thoughts as I continued preparing the food. Back then when I was eight I was asked to take care of the three year olds and Connie caught my attention.

So basically, I helped raise her. But I know my limits, that I shouldn't get close to anyone that will affect me too hard. I tried helping her with her studies to raise her quality and be able to live until eleven or maybe twelve years old, but she couldn't do the same as the others.

But again, it won't hurt just to try to care for others right? Even if we know their fate. I actually could just bring her to escape with me, but would an innocent kid like her believe the truth? 

The truth that the 'mama' they love so much, would send them to death's door? That all of their siblings that had gotten adopted, were actually dead? Exactly. She won't. And perhaps she would even be a huge bother, for she won't be able to act the same around Isabella or just straight up tell her.

We finished preparing for dinner as Gilda and Anna calls the others to eat, Isabella stood in front of us as we took our seats

"Everyone, I have an announcement to make" she started as the others' eyes looked at her with wide eyes that exactly read 'who is it now!? Is it me!?' while I just smiled and silently wished that it wasn't me. Ooh boy, wait til these children find out HAHAHA.

'who is it this time?' I asked myself as I looked straight to her face. "A lovely couple just decided to adopt Connie tomorrow!" Isabella said as my eyes widened and looked at the girl smiling beside me as everyone congratulated her.

'I knew this day would come..' I thought as I smiled and patted her head "congratulations Connie, don't forget to write us letters okay?" I said with a soft tone "of course! I'll write letters to everyone every day!" The young girl exclaimed as I closed my eyes to prevent it from tearing up.

I hugged the girl "wait for me outside, okay?" I said as I broke the hug "mhm! I promise I'll wait for everyone!" She said happily as we started eating.

We finished eating and now it's time to get ready for bed, "Connie come here, I'll fix your pajamas" I called as the young girl walked to me as I fix her clothes

"Sleep well okay? You'll be needing energy tomorrow" I smiled at her as she hugged me "thank you, big sister Y/n. You always take care and teach me, even if I sometimes get too annoying" she said as I hugged back.

"I never once found you annoying, Connie. Please remember that" I said sweetly as I embraced her more letting her know that I'm going to miss her.

"Aweee" I heard the others say as I looked at them "look at the stubborn girl get soft for a kid" The cyclops said as he tried to piss me off and get me out of my posture. 

'Jokes on you, I'm in my comfort zone. So I can't murder you right now' I thought as I just laughed "I know that, Mr. Idiots-don't-get-sick" I rolled my eyes as his eyes widened as the others laughed.

"Hey! I thought we forgot about that now!" He yelled back 'who fell for the trap now, anger issue emo?' I laughed at my thoughts as we all just went to bed.