//castle vs pawn//

"Good morning, Y/n" Isabella greeted, "morning mama~~" I yawned as I rubbed my eyes. I saw a familiar albino stare at me with disbelief. I walked to him and greeted, putting a hand on his shoulder "morning Norman" I smiled and whispered "smile if you don't want to die" and quickly passed by I went to help Anna.

"Good morning..." Emma says with tired eyes 'she's going to give it away,' I thought as I passed by Ray. "Morning Emma Norman greeted with a smile 'at least he understands' I looked back to what I was doing and ignored them.

----------------

As I walked out of the house since it's free time, I saw Emma and Norman heading to the forest. I looked around and saw Ray reading underneath the tree like always 'good' . I ran to the forest and decided to follow the two.

"If we draw a simple map of this site, the house is in the middle and then the gate" Norman says as he scribbles on dirt with a stick. "And the forest surrounds us. First, which one should we escape in? The gate or the forest?" He asks.

"Maybe the forest? The gate is always closed, it's only open when there's a shipment" Emma replies "and when it opens.." "demons are there" Norman finishes for Emma.

"When do we escape through the forest? At playtime, during the day, we can go to the forest freely. Or at night, during shipping when mama is-" Norman was cut off by Emma "Not during shipping! Someone will definitely get sacrificed!" 

"Right and I'm worried about whether the younger ones can stay awake at night. Then it's decided, we'll escape during the day through the forest whether that's possible..." "Depends on what's like beyond the forest" they both looked at the fence and without a second thought, they jumped through it and ran straight.

I followed them silently as they arrived at the wall, Norman looked up and tried to climb a tree "Norman!" Said Emma as the boy slipped and fell "are you okay?" Emma asks helping the boy he smiled at her and said "I guess I'm tired from thinking too much" 

Emma laughs as she replies with "sheesh, it can't be helped" as she was already on top of the tree trying to look over the wall, "is something up there?" Norman asks "nothing but this wall is about two meters thick and it's pretty tall" she says

Norman walks up to the wall and says "but there are no guards," he tried to hear something from the wall but silence was the only thing he heard

"It's hard and sturdy, there are no edges. Let alone any seams. There's no way anyone could climb this" he said as I smiled to myself knowing I have a huge advantage.

"Then should we give up?" "But that's what this wall would let us think" Norman looks at her as Emma smiles "we can use a rope to climb this" 

"I don't sense any demons around, mama is the only one watching us" he said as the bell rang and we ran back, but just before heading back he saw me and spared me a glance which I returned a signal to shush him up.

"Mama!" Mark called as we turned to him "what should I do? I got separated from Naila from the forest! I tried looking but I couldn't find her!" He said as Isabella pulled out her pocket watch and said "it'll be okay. I'll go look for her" she said as she got to the forest.

Not long enough, she was back with the missing girl "Mama!" "Naila!" "She got tired and fell asleep" Isabella says as the others ran to her side 

"Look not a scratch on her" she says smiling as I smiled and turned to the duo with their faces being easily readable. 'they're just kids, unlike you' I reminded myself. "It was like Mama knew where Naila exactly was," Norman says 

"Come to think of it, mama has always been good at finding us no matter where we hide." Emma replies "that's not a pocket watch" "that's a tracking device" I looked over the woman as she was looking at the duo smiling creepily 

'What are you planning? Did you just purposely expose yourself- oh. I see. Trying to scare them. As if you're saying "I knew where you are you can't escape" thank goodness I'm out of suspicions' I thought

"They could be implanted somewhere in our body" 'yeah probably' Isabella walks past us as I follow behind as I heard "mama... Is our enemy" 

'you just realized?' I thought as we went back.

"What's wrong Emma? You look pale" I heard Isabella from the hallway I saw Emma in 'oh sh*t she's already making moves' I thought as I hid.

"Which reminds me, you weren't cheerful this morning" she touched her left cheek "that's not.." Emma replies probably trying to find an excuse 'SHE'S GIVING IT AWAY' I mentally panicked as I thought of a way to help her.

"It's nothing! I just got a little sad thinking that I'll leave the house soon, too" Emma said 'that won't help!' I thought as Isabella smiled at her

"do you like it here at the house?" Emma jumped into her arms saying "I love the house and you, Mama!"

'that should do' I thought as I sighed in relief but quickly panicked when she added

"I wonder what Connie's doing right now"

'For goodness sake! You just dug yourself a bigger hole!' I mentally lectured.

'Ah! Right!' As if a light bulb was turned on in my head as I remembered something "mama!!" I called cheerfully and saw Norman on the other side, hiding. "Yes dear?" She asks.

"My hair's getting longer! Could you cut it for me?" I asked as she smiled at me letting go of Emma "of course dear, come on let's go to my office" she said as she walked away.

Norman passed by me and I looked at him with 'you guys owe me for this' face. "Oh wait mama!" I called "yes?" "Dinner preparations are ready! Let's cut my hair later!" I said as she nodded, smiling and we all headed downstairs to eat.

______________

It was now 12 am and here I am in the library waiting for Norman.

Soon, I heard the door open as I raised my hand of a sign that I was there.

"I've been thinking about this for a while, don't you think it'll be good if we told Emma about our discussions?" Norman says as he walks to me and sat beside me

I looked at him,"Mama doesn't suspect me. So I should stay away from the two of you, but with Emma knowing that I know she'll probably drag me with you two" I said

"So, how would you help us?" He asked as I looked at him. 

"You, I'll discuss the plan and the information and how it was found out to you. You discuss it with her." I explained further as he nodded in agreement.

"But there's a condition" I said as he looked serious, I brought my eyes back to the book I was reading "I can't be seen with any of you for too long, if you ever tell Ray about the secret don't ever tell him about me. Nor anyone else" I said as he nods

He nodded as he began to discuss some information and their plan to me, I didn't really need to know since my plan was more secure than theirs but he didn't need to know that.

"Here" I handed him a book "the last page" I said as he flipped through the pages "2015.." he says "the owl, it's a code" I added as he started decoding it.

"Farm.." he whispered "William Minerva's books all have owls that decodes to clues" I said as I flipped the book I was reading to the last page "this one says promise" I said "I theorize that this is the world of demons, it was separated from the world of human from a promise. The humans left here are part of the promise" I explained as he looked at me with wide eyes.

"Alright, then. But I'll also have a condition" Norman says as I look at him "never let Emma die, she wants to escape with everyone. And so do I now, but it's clear that it's impossible" he said as I smirked.

"We can take the ones above five, they start the shipment once the child turns six. We can leave the children below and come back in two years to get them" I said confidently as Norman looked shocked. "Don't tell them our plan yet, I predict it'll backfire if you prepare too much. Make another plan to cover this plan up, I'll prepare alone in the background" I said

'I knew she would've thought like that, so I planned ahead' I thought as he smiled and nodded. We both go back to our room, well only me actually. He said he has to meet up with Emma.

'now let's see who'll win, your castle or my pawn'