𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐀𝐁𝐋𝐄 𝐀𝐒𝐒𝐇𝐎𝐋𝐄, 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧.

𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐀𝐁𝐋𝐄 𝐀𝐒𝐒𝐇𝐎𝐋𝐄,
𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧.

𝐈𝐓 was official, Averie Montgomery wanted to kill her fiancé, she was driving - well, speeding through the city, desperate to get to the hospital. She'd been happy at home, reading BAU textbooks whilst eating takeout, until she answered her phone, until Penelope Garcia had her, 'Hotch has been injured' voice on.

"Idiot!" Averie cursed, making her way into the hospital, she raced to the residents lounge, ignoring Nathan as he tried to greet her.

She pulled on her scrubs, a scrub cap too, Averie looked at the OR board, eyes scanning for his name, she gulped, OR 3. Averie was quick into the scrub room, scrubbing her hands intensely as she tried to take a look into the OR, "Idiot" She whimpered behind her mask.

Once scrubbed in Averie entered the OR, not truly prepared for the sight before her, "Dr Montgomery, get out of here, you cannot operate on family" Dr Fredricks ordered, sparing his student a glance.

"That-that is my fiancé on the table, I don't care about the surgery I just want to hold his hand, I-I just need you to save his life and let me hold his hand, please!" Her voice wobbled, the once professional Doctor persona was out the window as she looked down at blood covered trauma, or more importantly the man she loved.

"Alright, Montgomery, alright" Dr Fredricks nodded, "He's got three GSW's to the chest, I've isolated the repairs, so far so good, Montgomery, alright?" She nodded at his words.

She wasn't sure who, but someone gave her a small chair to sit on, she took it, her glove coated hand wrapping around Aaron's, she looked to his face, how he's fast asleep - how his face is still splattered with his own blood, "Can I have a wet cloth, a wash cloth, please?"

The scrub nurse looked to Dr Fredricks first, who nodded, they handed it over to Averie. Instantly the young Doctor began to wipe the blood from Aaron's face, "I know you didn't like Dr Fredricks, but he's really great, Aar', he really is, he's one of the best and he's gonna keep you alive for me" She whispered to him, cleaning the blood from his cheeks.

"It's looking good, Montgomery" Dr Fredricks spoke, "If this was anyone else I'd let you take over, pending no post-op complications he'll be back to normal in a few days" He tried to re-assure Averie, and it worked a small amount.

"Here that, Aar? Your going to be fine, you've got to be fine, we-we have so many things to do, we've got a wedding to plan, a wedding to have, a honeymoon and we are not bringing cell-phones on our honeymoon, no cases, no work, just you and me" Averie murmured, combing through Aaron's dark hair, "And we've got so much in our future, who else is gonna' lecture me about my sleep schedule? Which is very hypocritical, Hotchner" She let out a small chuckle.

"Aaron, please, I love you, and I've never been loved properly before, I know you miss Hayley and Jack, I know that you love them more then the world but please don't leave me for them, I love you" Averie's tears were coated her mask, "I need you" She whimpered.

Another gruelling hour passed, of Averie whispering re-assuring words to Aaron, of Dr Fredricks keeping her updated on his condition, she was shaking, tears covering her face, cheeks flushed red - not that you could notice under her surgical mask.

"Dr Montgomery, I'm closing, there's Agents in the waiting room, why don't you go tell them how's he's doing? He'll be in Post-Op room 406, I'll page you before they wake him" Dr Fredricks looks to the young girl, sympathy clear in his eyes.

"Your closing him, right? Don't let any of the interns, don't let any resident, you need to close him, please, he's-he's-god, he's everything" Another sob breaks through Averie as she squeezes Aaron's hand.