S2: Find Them

SEASON 2!!

(Naomie's POV)

Pop, Glenn, Andrea, T, Shane, and I are all packed in the Rv. After Mr Grimes decided it was better to leave Shane's jeep, and Daryl's truck, and just use their gas. So Mr Grimes, Mrs Lori, Carl, Sophia, and Carol, are in Carol's little yellow car, while Daryl is in-front of us on his motorcycle.

I'm sitting with Glenn, on the side with the window. He's looking over the map, as Pop drives. I watch as we passed a bunch of car. It looks like a vehicle graveyard out here. It makes me sad to think about.

"Oh jeez." Pop says. I finally take my eyes away from the car to look at him. Outside a big truck had fallen onto it side, blocking the road for us to get through.

"Oh no." Glenn sighs beside me.

"See a way through" Pop asks Daryl, who had turned around on his bike. I couldn't see his response from were I was but I saw Pop nod. Shane was in-between Glenn, and Pop now.

"Uh. maybe we should just go back. There's an interstate bypass-." Glenn begins looking over the map again. Daryl drives around the other side leading us through the maze of broken down cars.

"We can't spare the fuel." Pop shuts the idea down quickly.

It was worse then before. Car's were flipped over onto their hoods, bodies were still inside beginning to decay. I wanna be sick.

"Omie, sweetheart just don't look." Pop tells me softly. I look down at my hands as we continue.

"Can we make it through here?" Glenn asks.

My head snaps up right after. Of course the RV decided to mess up on us again. In the middle of nowhere. Pop groans before stopping the RV completely.

"I said it, didn't I say it." Pop says as we all climb out of the RV. "A thousand times. Dead in the water." I followed behind holding onto his hand.

"Problem, Dale?" Shane asks.

"Just a small matter of being stuck in the middle of nowhere with no hope of-." he cut himself off when Daryl came around, and started searching through one of the vehicles. "Okay, that was dumb."

"If we can't find a radiator hose here..."

"There's a whole bunch of stuff we can find." Daryl explains. I let go of Pop's hand as I see Daryl pull out a small camo backpack, with pink straps. It's the perfect size. I run towards him, pulling myself onto the bumper so I could see easier.

"Can I have the backpack?" I asks Daryl. He turns to me a little startled before nodding, and handing it over. "Thanks." I didn't get a response, just a quiet grunt.

"This is a graveyard." Mrs. Lori says, making everyone turn to her. "I don't know how I feel about this."

I place the bookbag onto my back, fixing the straps so it fits just right. It's the perfect size for my horse book, and maybe some other things I might need just in case. I wonder what little kid this used to belong too.

"Come on y'all. Just look around. Gather what you can." Shane says, as everyone starts to split up.

"Can I walk with Mrs. Lori, and Carl?" I ask Pop.

"You don't leave her sight, understand?"

"Yes, Pop." I nod turning to catch up with them.

"Be careful, Naomie."

"I promise!" I throw him a thumbs up. Slowing down when I catch up with Carl. Carol, and Sophia are also walking next to us. Mrs. Lori, and Carol being to ones to look inside the cars as we go. It really stinks.