Chapter 3: Strange Introductions and Terrible First Impressions Part 1

Screams and thunderous growls filled the classroom.

Then silence.

Everyone looked with fear-filled eyes as shadows flowed over the broken windows. Then the shadows solidified becoming large black hounds that seemed vaguely familiar. I saw Tonya drop the bell and back away. I bent down and grabbed the chain. I saw that it just opened instead of breaking like I had originally thought.

Then something strange happens.

I freeze as all the hounds cocked their heads to the sides with ears perked up like they were listening for something.

I slowly lifted the necklace off the floor but freeze again, this time not out of fear but out of pure shock.

CHIME, Ring.

The bell made a sound.

A beautiful yet haunting sound.

It has never, in all the seven years I've had it, has it made a single sound.

I stood absolutely still as the two biggest hounds snapped their heads to me.

Custos and Exsequor walked in front of me. Their body language screamed stay away. Their thunderous growls seemed impossibly loud in the silent room. I felt my eyes grow impossibly wide when the two hounds looking at me, began to change and transform right in front of me.

We were all left utterly speechless as the hounds turned into boys. No, into Men.

They looked similar enough that you knew they were somehow related. Sun-kissed golden skin, ear-length bronze and gold curls, and perfect white teeth that made toothpaste commercials fail miserably in comparison.

But that is where most of the similarities end.

The younger one, who was a little bit shorter, held this confident, cocky, bad boy attitude and held himself in a way that screamed cocky bad boy. And he had a devious smirk that said he knew he was attractive.

The older man had a more self-assured, confident attitude. But his smirk matched the younger one, but had a more dangerous edge to it.

They both stared at me, before starting towards me but stopped when Custos and his brother growled, waking me up from whatever trance I had been in. They both grinned before the taller, older one called out to me,

"Call of the guard dogs, we just want to talk to you."

oh my. His voice was sinful dark chocolate that melted on your tongue and left you wanting more.

As it were, I had to bite back a breathy sigh that the rest of the girls in the room released.

I hesitated at calling them off before giving them the command "Deorsum" and when they hesitated I gave the whistle that meant it's okay or I am alright.

They stood at my sides as I stood.

The strangers were sending impressed looks at me as if what I had done was some type of miracle.

The same man spoke again, "We're impressed that you tamed as well as gained the love, respect and trust of not one, but two wolf hybrids."

I shook my head.

"They're not tamed. We just understand each other. It helps we have been around each other for so long."

I shrugged trying hard not to show how uneasy they made me. I smiled down at Custos and Exsequor when they leaned against my sides, whining at my uneasiness. I reached down and ran my hand down their silky furs before letting out a low yip, to reassure them that I was fine. After they seemed to be reassured, I looked back at the two strangers.