Chapter 19

Finally an update sorry for the delay. I was so busy for these past few days. I hope you're enjoy.

______________________________________

When the guilt comes again to haunt me I take in a breath. After all this time it still cuts just as deep, but its visits are less frequent and softer in duration. I remind myself that whilst I cannot undo my misdeeds, I dedicate my life to walking in the light. I tell myself that even though I can never forgive myself, in God's eyes the slate is clean. I don't need to make amends anymore, but I have sworn to walk my path, to do what I need to do. If she can help others through me, then I am she willing conduit. The glory is not mine, but hers that is why I am giving Hyenjin another chance to remind me of my past mistakes.

As the saying goes "I've learned that making a living is not the same thing as making a life. I've learned that life always offers us a second chance to prove ourselves"

"apology accepted" I smiled.

"Well this was a sweet moment and all but the damage has already been done," Baekhyun said as he catches his breath. I assumed he ran up here.

"So guineas, what do you think we should do then?" I said sarcastically and he made a confused face,

"Umm, let's see ... I have an idea," Baekhyun said smirking at us.

"What's with you and the smirking ways?" I asked and Hyejin said "It's just his face when he got an idea.

" What's that supposed to mean? "Baek eyed her in confusion.

As we reached the performance area where the talent competition was being held after that incident happened, all the crowd of people who were there their eyes were on her, Hyejin.

She was humiliated, guilty, and afraid to reveal her face in front of everyone. I needed to do something, so I stood up and asked, "People, everyone in this school, why are you calling her names and throwing insults at her? Isn't that still bullying?" You're all treating her the same way she treated me, and don't even get me started on how my journal was exposed. Have you all no shame? Everyone deserves to be forgiven and given a second opportunity. Don't you think so?

Everyone became silent as I told the truth, and Lay and his companion or friend group exclaimed, "Yeah! I agree"

"Please I know she did a bad thing... Even I did bad things before when I was in middle school who haven't done mistakes before... Everyone has... But don't bully them into being satisfied with your own happiness" I spoke again, but this time everyone cheered for me and Hyejin.

"Yes, I did those dreadful things to Jinah and a lot of you, I know if you still don't forgive me, I deserved it, but I want to say I am sorry to everyone who had been bullied by me, I am very thoroughly sorry to all my heart," Hyejin stated as she bowed down and everyone shouted.

Overall, we all learnt that revenge isn't always the best option; sometimes forgiveness is.

___________________________________

"Jinah why are you sitting alone here on this bench eating ice cream alone?" Lay said and sat next to me.

"Well, nothing, I just need to get some fresh air you know all my problems just got solved so Im just relaxing here" I locked my ice cream.

"Oh, I thought something was wrong so I just wanted to comfort you Jinah," Lay said calmly.

Why is he being cute and adorable?

"Well I am fine," I said as he was leaning in for a kiss. as Baekhyun and the others came and interrupted us.

Why do they have to come and interrupted us?

"Hello, you two lovebirds," they all said.

"Why are you guys here?" Lay said, eyeing Baekhyun and he just smiled back at Lay.

"Well, it's our break time let's see what the festival is all about to let's go" Baekhyun shouted and dragged us.

As we reached the middle of the festival area, the stalls were where there were a lot of people.

"Baek come with me" Eun Jo dragged him from us. Thanks, Eun Ji for letting us finally to be our time alone.

I hold Lay's hands ever so gently as we walked side by side to see the stalls. First, we played the water shooting game. Lay was calm at first but he became competitive as he knows I want the pink Teddy bear. He tried 3 times and he still misses. His serious face was so sexy and then when his face when he lose is so cute.

About 20 minutes later, he still misses the target, I stopped him and said "It's OK Lay, you don't have to make it it is ok " He insisted but I have an idea so I held the water pistol and tried it for myself.

"Let me try," I said as I shoot my first trigger.

My face was shocked also Lay's eyes widened too.

"I won... What I won!!" I cheered and hugged him. His face is still shocked and surprised.

"Lay, see it's that easy even I can do it " I teased him as we walked and held the pink Teddy bear that I won earlier.

Today was a roller-coaster of emotions, wow at least all my problems are settled in a way that I never knew will come so early. I hope nothing will happen or any problems will come my way in the near future. 

  _______________________________________

What will happen next stay tune to find out.