Gift Swap AU

Idea Credits: PanFluidMe

Waking up has always been the hardest part of the day. Especially when I wake up in a room that's not mine.

As I open my eyes, I don't see the teal walls lined with little strings of embroidered mist I'm used to. Instead, I see raindrops.

I quickly jerk up from the place in Tia Pepa's bed that I was somehow in, accidentally pushing my Tio Felix off in the process.

"Aye!" He shrieked as he landed on the floor. I winced.

"Sorry Tio," I apologize. He sits up, rubbing his head and looks at me confused.

"Mateo? What are you doing here?" He asks. I shrug.

"I don't know. I'm just as confused as you are," I tell him.

"Well, lets go find Pepa before it starts to hurricane," he says, taking my hand and we both walk out of the door, not looking at it as we left.

As we're walking I notice I'm not floating like normal. I stop, making Tio stop with me. I focus on my magic and try to float, make my eyes glow, lift something, anything.

But nothing happens. Nothing but a little cloud above my head. I jump away from it, scared of what was happening. It only followed.

"What?" I hear Felix whisper. I watch the cloud get slightly bigger.

"Mateo!" I hear Mirabel call.

I look up to see her jogging over to us with Papa.

"Mira! What's going on?" I ask, stressing more which only made the cloud grow bigger.

"I don't know. That's what I'm trying to figure out. But I woke up in your room and Bruno woke up in Isabella's. And when you look at the doors, they've changed," she explains what she knows.

I look to all the doors and see she's right. They have changed. Isabella's door was changed to say Bruno. Dolores now says Isabella. Pepa's said my name. Mine said Mirabel's.

I guess that explains the cloud. I try to focus my emotions, calming them down as I would normally do with my telekinesis.

I open my eyes again and watch Mirabel start randomly floating in the air, objects following her as her eyes glowed blue.

"Whoa!" She exclaims.

"Calm down. You can't just float around," I hiss, the rain cloud coming back.

"You do," she argues as I pull her back down.

"I know how to control it," I say harshly, rain washing over me.

"Teo, sobrino, your going to get yourself all wet," Tio Felix says, fanning the cloud away.

I take a deep breath and calm myself before turning to Mira again.

"We should go find everyone else. If I were to guess, our gifts have somehow gotten swapped," I say as we all head towards what used to be Julieta's room.

Small Time Skip

We've collected everyone from their wrong rooms and sorta figured out what was happening.

Currently, everyone but Abuela was sitting at the dinner table, trying to find how to fix this entire mess.

Meanwhile, everything was chaos. Dolores was comforting a pained Isa who was holding her ears and complaining about all the noise.

Antonio was lifting everything he could with Luisa's gift while Luisa herself felt useless with having gotten Mirabel's lack of a gift.

Cacti were popping up everywhere due to Papa's worrying. Camilo wasn't helping with this and interrogating him about how his gift worked, having got the ability to tell the future.

Julieta was helping Dolores make the food after she had given Isa her noise cancelling headphones while Julieta talked to the animals around the house.

Mirabel was having way to much fun with my gift, levitating everything she could, no matter how many time I scolded her.

Tia Pepa was constantly shifting between people as she coughed or sneezed. While me, I was worrying about everything and nearly drenching everyone in rain.

I could see Papa trying to get the attention of everyone but was failing miserably, not being able to talk loud enough so I handled it for him.

I took a deep breath, calming myself and letting the cloud disappear before yelling at everyone to shut up.

It turned all quiet after I apologized to Isa for yelling, side hugging her a little before gesturing for Papa to talk.

"Um, ok, uh, I feel everyone probably already knows this but we don't have our normal powers. And because of that, everything's different.

"Meaning we can't really help out around town today or however long this lasts. We also can't let Abuela find out about this because she will find someway to blame it on us," he declares to all of us.

Everyone nods along.

"Yeah. Whatever we do, Abuela cannot find out. Some of us just might have to take a sick day. Some of us being Isa, Luisa, Teo for sure. But really anyone who is really affected by this switch up," Juileta agrees, setting down a plate of arepa con quesos that she helped Dolores make.

I sigh and let my head lay on the table after taking one of Tia, I mean Dolores Arepa's.

This is going to be a long day.

Part 2?

Also, I'd love to thank bigdaddy_rayan for the amazing artwork they did of Mateo.

I love every single one of the artworks I have gotten and would love to see what anyone else can come up with