year 1:1

Maria's POV

~~~

Today was the day! As soon as I saw the sunrise peaking through my cream colored curtains I shot out of bed, running into my bathroom to get ready. I smiled in the mirror and started by brushing my teeth.

A bright smile is always a good first impression.

I ran a brush through my frizzy blonde hair trying to tame some of my bed head. I made my way into my closet to pick out an out.

A nice outfit is always a good first impression.

I chose my favorite light blue blouse and matching skirt, paired with tights and my plain black flats. Once i was all dressed I twirled around in my outfit, jumping up and down.

TODAY I START MY SCHOOLING AT HOGWARTS!

I ran to the room across from me, entering my twin brother Draco's room. I entered to find he was not even up yet!

"Ugh typical" I sighed turning his lights on. Draco groaned and pulled the covers over his head.

"Draco come on we don't wanna be late for the first day of school!" I went over to his bedside pulling the covers off. He put his hand over his eyes trying to block out the light.

"Maria I couldn't care less about it being the first day of school." Draco snapped rolling onto his stomach and burying his head into his pillow.

I rolled my eyes. For us being twins and literally five minutes apart, we couldn't be more different. His room was dark, hardly ever any light could shine through. Mine was bright with vibrant colors and my walls were filled with memories of my family, whereas Draco's walls were plain. Draco can be harsh and cold, even to me. Where I consider myself the people person of the two of us.

"Oh come on Draco, we've talked about this day for months!" I tried encouraging him, however he did not budge. "Fine. Wanna be a big bum be a big bum."

I left Draco's room and walked down the long flight of stairs into the dining area where a lavish breakfast was being made.

"Good morning Dobby!" I smiled to the house elf who was setting up the plates at my family's excessively large dining room table.

"Ah Miss Malfoy what a pleasure to serve you on your very first day at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry!"

"Thank you Dobby. I am very excited. It smells delightful in here!" I smiled taking a seat at my usual place at the table.