year 1:4

Maria's POV

After the whole flying incident, Harry was named the new seeker for the quidditch team! Which was pretty impressive since he is the youngest seeker in a century! Ron, Hermoine, and I were all very happy for him

After the whole flying incident, Harry was named the new seeker for the quidditch team! Which was pretty impressive since he is the youngest seeker in a century! Ron, Hermoine, and I were all very happy for him. Harry and I were walking to Flitwick's class where we passed a trophy case with past achivements. I noticed one name in particular that stood out.

"Harry!" I gasped making Harry stop in his tracks. "I had no idea your father was a seeker too!"

"What what do you-" I cut him off by pointing to a golden badge that read 'James Potter Seeker'.

Harry smiled, his green eyes lighting up at the sight. Pure love and pride were present, and I knew in that moment, Harry couldn't be prouder to be a Potter. "I-I had no idea."

"Well, it is amazing, isn't it?"

Harry nodded, taking one more look at his father's achievement, we continued to class.

I decided to sit next to my brother which turned out to be a mistake due to Draco complaining about Harry the whole time.

"Saint Potter." Draco scuffed. "You know what they say Maria, keep your friends close and enemies closer."

I rolled my eyes, and tried my best to pay attention in class despite Draco's need to talk rubbish all hour.

"Alright class, now it's simple as a swish and flick. Then say the words Wingardium Leviosa. Off you go then." Professor Flitwick instructed. The class repeated the wand motions, however all of us seemed to be having difficulty.

Well, except Hermione of course. She has a natural talent that not even Draco and I possess. "Well done Miss Granger! You've got it!" Professor Flitwick praised while Hermione had an accomplished look on her face.

Good for her! I thought, after all she is one of my best friends here at Hogwarts.

"She is so impressive; don't you think Draco?" I nudged Draco with my arm, earning an eye roll from him.

"Yeah, for a mudblood." He mumbled.

"Draco she is my friend. Pure wizard or not."

"Just wait until father hears about this."

"You going to tattle on me like the good ole days Draco?" This finally made him crack a smirk.

"You know it sis."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"It's LeviOsa, not LevisoA!" Ron said mimicking Hermione. "No wonder she's got no friends." I was walking with Ron and Harry after class when Ron started talking bad about Hermione.

"Ronald you are just jealous she did better than you with the spell. No need to be harsh."

"Oh, whatever Malfoy, mental that one is."