S/o Showing hillbilly affection |DBD|

✨Uploaded on my tumblr just Incase if seen again✨

🖤The only thing Max was ever introduced to was abuse as well as humiliation for the way that he looked growing up. The years of anger building up and making him shut down so he didn't have to feel, only hatred to get him by. He didn't know what unconditional love was until you stumbled into this harsh realm
🖤He was curious of you as you were of him. He would sneak his way close to were he could see the firelight light your face as you sat there among the other survivors. How it illuminated you made him question what he was feeling. He was a monster. He isn't supposed to feel but yet here he is captivated by you and how you simply...exist.
🖤He was nervous when he saw you approaching him, which would cause max to hide further in the shadows, away from you so you didn't have to look at him. Although you were rather stubborn and would sit by the line of where light and darkness met, careful of the barrier between the both of you. Proper food to give to him as a gift.
🖤To say he was confused was an understatement. You're a survivor, supposed to be afraid of him and run away. Not being him food and keep him company.
🖤However max enjoyed the time spent together. He loved how your kindness shined through the dark and engulfed him. Not afraid to look at him and smile and not cry in fear. ''Twas a nice change in interaction.
🖤When it came to contact he was...startled. Yes he was bigger than you and stronger,however in the back of his mind the constant reminding of abuse seemed to still linger. Flinching when you reached your hand out to him.
🖤When he looked up he saw the hurt in your eyes and looked back down. He knew you wouldn't hit him, but he couldn't help but to feel a little vulnerable around you and feel unsure of himself.
🖤He felt your hand being placed on top of his and pulled onto your lap as you gently leaned on him. It was a comfortable silence, one he was very grateful for and wished it would last forever.
🖤Of course this would be a process for the both of you, small steps to earn one another's trust and to form a bond that could never be broken. To see how he felt that particular day and take it from there. Some days all he wanted was to hold hands and others full on cuddle sessions
🖤The first time you properly kissed him, cupping his face with your warm hands, made him shiver and just about cry. So gentle. So pure. So....alive.
🖤To say he was adorable and all you wanted as you peppered him in kisses made him feel for once in his life loved. No need to hide away in fear, no need to have a wall built up, just love