Chapter 6: Names

The twins were introduced to Emilia and Josiah the next day and were already spoiling them. Adalie was in her room sleeping, so Elk was with them as they smother the children with a lot of love. Emilia nuzzles the boy, "Oh look at how precious you are."  Josiah chuckles as he cradles the girl and he smiles, "She's got your eyes, Elk." Elk smiles back and nods, "She does indeed." Josiah sits down next to Elk, "Have you and Adalie thought of what to name them?" Elk shakes his head, "Not yet. We're having trouble what to call them." Josiah nods and he smiles at the baby girl who was playing with his beard and he hears Emilia yelp a bit, "What on earth are you doing little one?"

The two turn to her and see that the baby boy was on her back side, gently pulling her fur to move and Emilia was trying to get him, "You are going to fall mister." The boy continues pulling as he nearly gets to the edge of her leg and she finally is able to grab him, "Oh you're a wild one aren't you?" She cradles him and shakes her head, "Little wild child." Josiah gasps, "I heard that there was a name that meant wild in this human origin, I don't remember what it was called...let's see..." He scratches his head and snaps his fingers, "Divoky! That was the name. It means wild and fierce." Elk shakes his head, "Would it suit him?" He watches as his son was trying to get on his grandmother's back again and she keeps stopping him, "I don't know. It could work, I'll talk to Adalie about it." 

"Talk to me about what?" Elk looks over and sees Adalie awake, rubbing her eyes and Josiah looks at her, "Baby names. We thought we could help, and I thought maybe Divoky could be for your son." Adalie thinks and she nods, "I like it. It sounds good." She helps Emilia and holds Divoky, cradling him and he plays with his mother's hair for a bit and Elk chuckles. He looks at his daughter and touches her cheek gently and she grasps onto his finger with her tiny hand and makes a small noise.  Elk chuckles and Josiah smiles at him, "What about this little beauty?" He thinks and smiles at her, "I do have one in mind. It means kind and beautiful, though it does mean something else, I think winged gift." Josiah looks at him, "Oh, do tell us." Elk looks at his daughter as she looks back at him with those green eyes, "Aldara." 

Adalie smiles, "It's perfect." Aldara stretches her arms to Elk and Josiah smiles, "Awwww. She wants you, Elk." Elk picks up Aldara and holds her and she touches his face gently, and Elk cradles her. Adalie sits next to him, and carefully sets Divoky down and he tries to climb onto Adalie's back, gripping her fur, "Ow ow, careful sweetie." She helps him and Divoky lays his head on her side, almost looking sleepy and Adalie smiles, "They're so adorable." Elk smiles as Aldara had fallen asleep in his arms, and he holds her close, "I love them both." Adalie smiles and she kisses him gently, resting her head on his shoulder.

Later, the twins were playing on the floor, Elk and Adalie watch them while Emilia and Josiah were outside. Elk smiles and he chuckles, "Look at them." Adalie rests her head on her arms, "Yep." Divoky scoots to his dad and climbs onto him, and Elk laughs, "What are you doing mister?" He chuckles and Divoky holds his antlers, looking in astonishment. Elk smiles, "You like daddy's antlers?" He tickles Divoky's tummy, making him smile and he plops onto the floor, and lays his head on Elk's shoulder. Adalie giggles and sits up, "How cute. Do you think he might grow antlers, hun?" Elk shrugs, "He might, I don't know. Just gotta wait until he gets older." They keep an eye on the twins as they look around and play a bit. 

.

.

.

.

.