The Sunday before : Cross

Cross hastily superglued a couple objects together, every so often looking back at his reference sheet. He then looked at the clock in his room and swore to himself. When did it get so late?! It was thee in the morning and he had work to do the next day!

Cross groaned, putting down what he had been working on since dinner. It was a cosplay prop for a video game character he finds pretty interesting.

For any of his teammates that have entered his room, they'll know that it's basically nerd heaven. What these people don't know is that Cross asked Nightmare to add an extra room for "storage", which is now filled with cosplays, materials, all the trinkets and props you'd ever wish for, etcetera. 

Every few or so months, Cross mysteriously goes out for a day and the stuff in his room doubles, and then he starts whining about how he needs to save up more.

The second Cross sees a Comic Con, a meetup of a fandom, etc, he'll buy tickets and turn up looking incredible.

The other thing that fuels his nerdyness is his work.

------*:・✧------

Cross yawned. Even though the smell of popcorn woke him up a bit, he was still extremely tired from last night.

Maybe he could watch a movie to wake him up? He was allowed to see two for free every month since he worked at the movie theatre. Plus he was also allowed to take some popcorn with him.

"Hmm . . . Let's see . . ." He said to himself as he took a look at the movies being shown within the next hour. He kept on looking until two fellow skeleton monsters came up to the counter where he was positioned at. "Aye, buddy, I booked tickets for Revengers, Final Game. My pal Cross said I could watch it for free, heh" The skeleton monster snickered to himself "You seen em' anywhere?" he burst out laughing once he finished. "Not funny, dude, not funny." Cross grumbled, remembering how different he looks in his uniform instead of the layers upon layers of clothes he tends to wear. "Just head on over to screen three, I know you snuck in popcorn from the shops because it's cheaper." Cross shooed them away "Wait, hold up, Sans. Mind if I watch the movie with ya'? I'm really tired, and a movie should wake me up." He asked. "Eh, sure, you aight' with that, bro?" Sans peered up at his brother. "OF COURSE CROSS CAN WATCH THE MOVIE WITH US, SANS. COME ALONG NOW, OTHER BROTHER." Sans's brother, Papyrus, said in the best 'indoor voice' he could do. "Take my place, aigh'? Thanks man" Cross asked a co-worker, who did as he asked.

Most workers would get probably fired for doing something like this, but luckily for Cross, he was fairly good friends with the owner, which ended up with him not getting in much trouble. Plus, you really wouldn't want to anger a 'Bad Guy' who literally works for Nightmare himself.

Cross sat down in the movie theatre, giant bucket of popcorn in hand, he had got himself some popcorn before the movie started.

Soon enough, the trailers ended and the movie screen blared back to life. Someone shouted "EAR'EN YEEGER!!!!" and a few more joined in soon after. "We're in the wrong theatre, dang it . . ."  Cross groaned. "Eh, the Slayer of Demons movie is supposedly great anyway, let's watch it. It's totally not an excuse to not move . . ." Sans grumbled the last bit.

------*:・✧------

Cross ate the last of the popcorn since Papyrus didn't want any, and of course Sans was fast asleep. I swear Undertale's Sans is one of the most sleepiest out there . . . Cross thought. "Oi, Sans, movie's over, wakey wakey" He said as he shook Sans rather violently. "I'm up, I'm up . . ." Sans grumbled. "Was the movie good, bro? Sorry I didn't watch much of it" Sans asked his brother. "IT'S OKAY, BROTHER, BUT THE MOVIE WAS GREAT." Papyrus answered happily as the group started to move out of the theatre.

"Aight, Cross, I guess we'll be on our way then, gotta' make sure the human is not getting bored, y'know, and to make sure they don't see ya'. Since if they did, buddy, you'd ruin tha' timeline, and we don't want that to happen now do we?" Sans gave Cross the 'don't-you-bloody-dare' look. "SANS. YOU'RE INTIMIDATING HIM. I KNOW YOU'RE THE ROYAL JUDGE BUT YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE EVERY SECOND OF THE DAY. YOU KNOW CROSS WOULDN'T MESS UP THE TIMELINE ON PURPOSE." Papyrus scolded, giving Sans a light 'bonk' on the skull. "Right, sorry bro, sorry Cross. I know I didn't intimidate ya', buddy, you must suffer worse from 'Mr. God of Negativity', heh." Sans apologised with a chuckle. "Actually I don-" "LETS GO NOW, BROTHER, MUCH TO DO TO KEEP THE HUMAN FROM GETTING BORED, PUZZLES TO MAKE, AND WE ALSO NEED TO SEE KING ASGORE, REMEMBER?"  Cross was cut off by Papyrus dragging Sans away "GOODBYE, OTHER BROTHER!" The tall skeleton waved.

Cross sighed. "Back to work it is . . ." He grumbled. At least he was feeling more lively now.

.

.

.

"DANG IT I ALMOST FORGOT ABOUT GETTING FOOD FOR LUNCH-" Cross quickly checked his watch "Oh. I'm an hour early. Phew . . ." He let out a sigh of relief before realising he had another hour of work to do then.

------*:・✧------

I am so very sorry for such a long wait, currently life for me has been all over the place (as per usual).

I bet this chapter isn't very lively since I rushed to get this one out. I had little to no idea as to what to do for Cross- Heh.

I assure you, the next one should be a bit better at the very least.

I'm going away for a couple days abroad, but I'll be back soon!

I hope this isn't too trashy, if so, I'll remake it at some point.

'Aware' Papyrus is cool.

- Bean