A Date

My thoughts were interrupted by a knocking at the door.

    "Hey. I'm coming in." Steve said. I quickly put the pillow behind my back. "Hey." He said as looked at me.

    "Hi, Steve."

    "I just wanted to come check on you." He sat on my bed and patted the spot next to him and I moved over closer.

    "I'm really okay, Steve. I just got tired." I explained quickly, but I knew he could see right through me.

    "You know, I know you better than that." He moved a stray strand of hair from my face and I let out a sigh.

    "I know." I fell backwards on the bed groaning. "I'm mostly just frustrated." I vented and Steve laid on his side beside me.

    "Okay, why are you frustrated?" He held up his head with his hand, his elbow resting on the bed.

    "I'm mad that I still don't even know anything about myself." Which was true, but I wasn't about to tell Steve I was angry that Thor didn't come back for me because he likes another girl... "After everything that happened during New York. Finding out I was possibly Asgardian, or that I am. I don't even know... I was scared to get the answers i've had questions about all my life. He promised me he'd come back. It's coming up on a year and i've just been here waiting like some type of moron." I groaned.

I felt so angry and sad. I could feel my fingers radiating again as my hand's laid on my stomach. Steve obviously took notice. He put his hand on the top of mine without any fear of me hurting him. I turned my head to look at him.

    "I'm sure Thor has a reasonable explanation for not coming back. You're also not a moron." He said to me softly.

    "Honestly. I'm sure this is just anxiety talking. But the only thing I can think of is that he didn't come because he found my birth parents and they didn't want to meet me. Or they're dead and he didn't want to disappoint me. So it was easier on him to not come back for me at all either way." I said sadly. A part of me also felt like that was true. The other part was that I knew he didn't care about me enough. Only her.

    "I'm sure it's anything but that. If for some reason that turn's out to be true, you don't need to worry about it. Your place is here with us. Tony, Nat, Clint, Pepper, Bruce and Me. We're your family." I rolled over into his arms and he wrapped them around me. My hand's laid on his firm chest, pinned between us.

    "Maybe they're right." I sighed with my forehead on his chest.

    "Who? And right about what?" Steve asked curiously.

    "Nat and Clint. They said we should try going out on a date." I felt Steve shift a little and his chin rested on my head. "It doesn't have to mean we start dating right away or anything. Just two friends going out alone, not that we've never done that before either... But that way if nothing comes of it we don't lose our friendship. If something does... Well I guess we take it from there." I explained.

    "Well, then it's a date." Steve chuckled. I sighed in relief and snuggled into him closer if that was even possible.

He held me tightly in that position. I guess I really was tired because I fell asleep in his arms.

The next morning. I was startled awake.

    "Good morning, Miss Amara. Mr. Stark asked me to wake you." Jarvis, Tony's AI system spoke to me.

    "Jesus. Good Morning to you too, Jarvis." I rolled over and noticed I was in my bed alone.

    "Sorry, ma'am. But, Mr. Stark wanted me to inform you, he will be out of the tower today on some important business."