Return to Earth

After I had gotten to my room, I tried to drift off into a peaceful slumber, but I simply couldn't sleep. I played around with the violet wisps and watched as they danced along my finger's. I realized if I could speak to my Uncle through magic, then I could reach Loki as well.

"Loki?" I called out. There was no answer for a few moment's and I tried again. "Loki?"

"Amara?" He questioned.

"Oh, wow, cool! I can reach you. This is amazing." I giggled.

"How are you?" Loki asked.

"I'm doing okay. I wanted to tell you, Thor and I figured out a way for you to get out of prison. I'm back on earth now, but Thor is speaking to your Father. I'm excited for you to gain your freedom again. Though, I also wanted to warn you that you're going to have to be on your best behavior."

"Thor's really trying to ask the Allfather to let me out?" Loki sounded surprised.

"Well, yeah. Of course he is. He's your brother and he loves you. As do I!"

"So what exactly is this new sentence supposed to be?"

"Well, you're going to be coming and living here on Midgard, with me." I stated and then there was silence. I waited a moment and still nothing. "Loki."

"Yes, my dove?" He called back softly.

I laughed out loud at the thought of remembering the nickname he used to call me when we were kid's.

"What's wrong?" I asked as though I could sense it.

"I nearly destroyed New York. Midgard hate's me. I do not believe that you've really thought this little plan through." He stated.

"Of course, I have. You're just going to need to prove to them that you're not what they thought you were." I replied back seriously.

"I do not make promises I can't guarantee to keep, Amara."

"Do it for me, Loki. I'll be here with you every step of the way." I begged.

"I shall try. But that's still not a promise." Loki huffed after a moment.

"I'll take what I can get." I smiled with a small chuckle and closed my eyes. Falling happily asleep.

I woke up the next morning and looked at my alarm clock. It said it was 10:45 am. I closed my eye's again and quickly reopened them.

"HOLY CRAP! I over slept!" I jumped out of bed and quickly got ready for the day. I ran down the stairs and into the kitchen to see everyone just sitting quietly enjoying some breakfast.

"Well, good morning." Steve smiled as he was reading the morning paper. I smiled back at him.

"Good morning, everyone." I looked around the room to see no sign of Thor. My smile faded as I sat at the island and made a plate of scrambled eggs, sausage, and toast.

"You didn't miss anything, kid. He's just not here yet." Tony said. Then he took a sip of his coffee. I smiled weakly at him. "Oh. After you're done eating, come see me in my workshop." He finished his drink and left the room.

"You're going to have to give me all the details." Nat whispered in my ear, moving herself and her plate closer to me. I nearly spit out my eggs.

"Fine. But I'm going to finish eating then go see Tony first." I whispered at her with a smile.

I finished my food and headed down to Tony's workshop. It was quite possibly my favorite place in this whole building. I loved coming down here and helping Tony with his suit's and other little project's.