Chapter 14

I'm sorry it's so late and short.

I've had the biggest case of writers block ever. It's never been this bad and I apologize for the delay. It's even worse that I've left you with an unfair cliffhanger. :/

***

"What do you mean by time?" I asked, nervously crossing my arms over my chest.

I wasn't about to wait around on the sidelines while he still played the perfect husband role. I refused to be taken advantage of again; even his he was my mate.

"I just need a little time to break the news to my wife and explain to her why we need a divorce." Adrian said, taking a few steps towards me.

"How long would that be?" I pressed, rocking back and forth on my heels.

"As soon as possible," he said with a grin on his face. "Because I just met you and both my wolf and I are already crazy about you."

I stood there, mouth wide open. I'm pretty sure that if I opened my eyes any wider, they'd fall out of my head. 

"R-Really?" I asked, shaking my head as I stuttered like a fool

"Yes, really," he said, chuckling lowly.

It took me a little while to register what was happening. He really accepted me. He's actually breaking things off with Adrianna in order to be with me.

A large grin broke out on my face as I laughed out of pure joy. Running the short distance that separated us, I launched myself off the ground and into his arms.

With a free-spirited laugh, he hiked my legs up to wrap around his waist. Using his hand to burry my face in his chest, he pressed kisses to the crown of my head as I smiled and inhaled his scent of mint and chocolate.

Lifting my head to look into his eyes, I pressed a kiss to his cheek. Or, at least that was in my intentions; Adrian moved his head last minute to where my lips landed on his full lips.

Deepening our lip locking, Adrian moved us to the flowered forest floor. Hovering over me, he rested the majority of his weight on his elbows that were on either side of my head. 

Suddenly, I was flipped over. Straddling him, I fluttered kisses all over his face, avoiding his lips. Eventually, I had lightly pressed my lips to every single place of his face, but his lips. 

Deciding to tease him a bit more, my lips pressed on the corner of Adrian's plump lips. A growl rumbled deep in his chest as he quickly sat up to where I was sitting on his lap.

"Teasing isn't very nice, Lana," he said softly, nuzzling my neck.

Not knowing what to say, I closed my eyes. Swallowing a whimper, I struggled to remain in control of my own body.

"In fact," Adrian started. "I think that you need to be punished."

Feeling myself being lifted, my eyes shot open. I was in Adrian's arms bridal style and being carried towards the lake. 

Letting out a little yelp, I struggled to get out of his arms. Laughing at my attempt to flee, he tightened his grip on me and quickens his walk towards the lake. 

With a splash, I'm engulfed in water. My hair and my clothes are drenched and I am only thinking about one thing: Revenge.  So, I let myself sink. Down to the bottom of the lake I sat, motionless. He'd have to crack soon; he'd either be lusting after me so hard that he'd jump in or he'd be so worried that I was hurt that he would jump in.

Either way, I win.

My eyes trailing around the sandy floor, I waited him out. My hair flew up around me, swaying gently like the seaweed that I was currently sitting beside. As for my clothing, my shorts sat on my thighs like bags of sand and my shirt was practically flying off of my body.