"it could be worse"

"Are you awake?" A soft voice rang through the air, walnut stirred, lifting her head and glancing around.

"Hm...?" She mumbled, adjusting to the new light in the room. In the doorway stood Mozzarella, holding a cup in his hand.

"I brought you a drink, I guessed you'd be thirsty" he smiled, walking over and placing it on the table beside the bed. Walnut managed a small smile, stretching under the covers.
"Thank you.."

Mozzarella left, and walnut sat up, yawning as she glanced around the room. "Oh yeah.. I stayed the night.." she raised her arms, stretching to her best ability, before grabbing the cup and taking a sip. It was nice. Refreshing first thing in the morning.

She got out of the bed, adjusting her shirt and attempting to fix her hair. Like she said, she was going to go. It was morning anyways.

She walked out, saying her farewell and thanks to Mozzarella before leaving the building. Now to figure out how to get home. There was an easy option, just wander until she recognized something.
So she did that.

It took roughly half an hour to recognise where she was and from that point she could make her way home. The streets seemed livelier than normal. It almost felt like how she remembered it during the cities prime. It was refreshing. The weather was nice and calm, and it felt safe. She wished this feeling would last as long as it possibly could.

Yeah like that'd ever happen.

She closed in on her street, making her way to her home. One outside of the house, she paused. Did she really want to go back this soon? She hesitantly put her hand on the door handle, and pushed it open, it was unlocked. Though she expected that, this wasn't the first time she'd ran off for a night. She silently crept into the home, glancing around for any signs of her father, nothing so far.

That was worrying.

Oh. She turned her head, there in his armchair (repositioned to face the door) sat Almond, slumped over in a sort of sleep, he'd clearly tried to stay up to see her come back, and failed miserably. She let out a relieved sigh, atleast he was still here.
She headed up to her room, and lay down on her bed, finally.. home sweet home.

Almond woke up not too long after this. He felt like utter garbage. That'll teach him not to stay up for too long. After all he hadn't done it for a very long time. There was a little tap at the window, as soon as he glanced over, relief rushed over him. It didn't take long for him to walk over and open it, cross his arms and lean on the window ledge.
"You know it's pretty risky to show up here during the day right?" He smirked, he loved this time.
"No one will think anything of it, I'm still disguised~!" The other almost purred their words.

"Roguefort, thank you for what you did last night.." almond lowered his voice. Roguefort couldn't hold back their smile as he gently placed his hand on top of the other.
"I would have done it anyways. She's like a daughter to me, but! Just because you insisted, I managed to get her to stay the night." They responded.
Almond let out a sigh of relief. "You don't understand how much that means to me."
"Oh I do. But I'm just happy I helped. She was really shaken up, You.. should really tell her. It might calm her down. Or it might make it worse, but it's worth a shot." Roguefort had a serious tone to his words, "she needs comfort. This might make her feel grounded. Yknow?"
Almond nodded, glancing at the stairs, half expecting to see her coming down them.
"You should do it now, she's home right?" Roguefort pulled back their hand, in an attempt to really push this idea.
"Yeah.. you're right." Almond didn't look back, but once he did, Roguefort was gone.

There's no turning back now. So he went upstairs.

//
A/n: heyyy sorry for the wait haha. I know this chapters kinda filler. But it's here now! It's shorter than the others so the next one's probably gonna be longer- Oop. Anyways. Enjoy. Lol.