"let's hope this lasts"

Walnut was sat out in the local community park, taking in the calm and relaxed air, beside her was Cream puff, who was half asleep.
"So. What are you gonna do now?"

"Hm?" Walnut glanced over at her friend, who looked like she would fall asleep at any moment.
"Well, you don't have to work as much anymore. Since yknow, Roguefort is helping out." She yawned, leaning into Walnut's shoulder.
"Definitely no more night shifts" she laughed.
"Good.. I miss our sleepovers." Creampuff yawned once more, kicking her legs back and forth.
"Me too, me too." Walnut sighed happily, putting her arm around Creampuff's shoulder.

"It's nice out tonight. Can we stay here for a while longer?"

"Sure we can."

Roguefort let out a little laugh as the fluffier of the house cats pawed at their face. "Lord crumbles the third! How could you!"
Roguefort glanced up, hearing a rather amused chuckle. "Oh mighty detective! What's so funny?" Roguefort smirked, scooping up the ball of fluff that was his cat.
"Nothing, nothing at all." Almond smiled, settling in his usual chair. "I'm just.. happy that's all."
Roguefort couldn't help but grin, instantly making his way over to the other. "Oh what a shame Walnut didn't hear that!" They sat on the arm of the chair, letting the cat jump down.
"So, my favourite detective, what's today's schedule?"

"We have eyes on her, any news on the other two?"
"Yes, we can see them."

"Shall we then?"

"Sure."

A:n - hey, this is.. I guess the end of down comes the canopy, but don't worry, there will be a sequel. As well, clearly hinted there haha.
But yeah, it feels weird leaving this so short?? (12 is a nice number for parts tho 😎) But oh well, thought I'd give them a happy ending. (For now lol.) Thank you all for coming along with me while I made this story, and I hope to see you in the next installment!

Now as a little treat, have some art!