二 ┊wishes by the fountain⌇⁺

aether, part 2  ‧₊・ ⁺

"....and then, there was a super big mitachurl!!" Paimon's eyes widened, her hands were clenched together in a fist. "But traveller scared it away with his super cool powers!!"

You laughed at her cute antics as the three of you passed Mondstadt's gates, and up the steps that were draped with a layer of turquoise carpet. You suddenly felt a tap on your shoulder. Aether was pointing to a shop that sold all kinds of treats on the menu. "Why don't we stop to eat?" he asked. You were feeling pretty hungry, so you nodded eagerly.

"Welcome to Good Hunter! What would you like?" A woman with Sara on her name tag greeted.

"Sticky honey roast please!" Paimon exclaimed.

Aether turned to you, a questioning look in his eyes. You rarely came to the center of Mondstadt, since you lived closer to the edge, so you've never went to the restaurants around here, you've only ever visited the ones near your home. "Um---I'll have a sticky honey roast too." You mumbled, trusting Paimon's taste in food. 

"Two sticky honey roasts, coming right up!"

---

"Mmmm! That was so good!" Paimon grinned, some sauce was still smeared on her face. "Paimon's so stuffed..." Immediately after, she dozed off; Aether stared at her worriedly. 

"I don't have a place for her to stay while I take you to the festival." he admitted defeatedly.

You perked up. "Don't worry! She can stay at my place, we can leave her a note in case she wakes up."

"You would do that for me? Thank you, Y/N, I appreciate you." Aether smiled at you gratefully.

You felt your face grow hot. "A-Ah it's not too much trouble at all." Calm down, Y/N, you just met him. 

After (painstakingly) carrying Paimon back to your place to stay, while making sure she doesn't get disturbed in her sleep, you and Aether made your way back to the front gates of Mondstadt. Near the bubbling fountain, a lady was selling shiny "wish coins" for 100 mora each. "Wish coins, wish coins, come get your wish coins!"

Aether grinned, "We should make a wish." You nodded in agreement, flashing a smile back. After paying for the coins, the two of you make your way to the fountain and silently made your wish. I wish for more customers at the flower shop! 

Aether opened his eyes. "Well, what did you wish for?" you asked, enthusiastic to hear his wish. 

The boy only laughed. "If you say it out loud, it won't come true." he said with a smirk. "Is that so?...what a pity. " you huffed, disappointed. 

He placed a hand on your shoulder. "Don't be so down, Y/N, I'll tell you when I'm ready."

You perked up. "Promise?"

"Promise."

༶ ⋆˙⊹ ♡ A/N:

Paimon really just got knocked out after a meal...very OOC, but she would be third wheeling...

hope you enjoyed this update thingy, have a nice day/night :D