Chapter 3.

After combat class, Y/n and the others were at lunch. Y/n got his food and was headed to sit with his team, until a brown haired rabbit faunas, Velvet, nearly bumped into him.

Y/n: "Is there something wrong?" He asked as she didn't answer but heard Cardin and his team laughing, he tilted his head to look at them. "Is it them that's troubling you?"

Velvet: "No, it's just... AH-!" She yelped as Y/n walked through, startling her.

Cardin: "Look at who it is, what do you want?"

Y/n: "Why are you picking on her?"

Cardin: "Just look at her, she's a faunas freak." Y/n wasn't angry, or have any hate... but just felt pity.

Y/n: "Why don't you like faunas? Why hurt others for the things they can't control?"

Cardin: "They deserve it that's why. They're a bunch a freaks."

Y/n: "I'll never understand you... people like you. Who hurt others or put them down for your own satisfaction. I am a faunas myself, I bet you didn't know that until I just said that." He said as Cardin chuckled.

Cardin: "A part of me knew you were just a freak as them, even worse actually."

Y/n: "If that's the case, I'm still more better of a huntsman than you will ever be." Cardin gritted his teeth and threw a punch at him, but his fist just went through Y/n's head. "You can never beat me, even without my semblance."

Cardin: "I'll show you!" He went to throw another punch, but Y/n was gone already. "Where did he go?"

Y/n sat down at the lunch table with his teammates.

Kai: "Glad you could finally join us. Now let's continue telling our stories."

Jay: "Oh me next." He then cleared his throat. "Alright so-."

*Time Skip*

Y/n and his team, along with RWBY, JNPR, CRDL, and Goodwitch. Were all in the forest collecting sap from trees. Y/n and Jay were split up from the team, out somewhere in the forest.

Jay: "Hey Y/n, I don't I've ever asked you this, but why did you want to come to Beacon?"

Y/n: "...From an offer. Join or else."

Jay: "That's a bit... extreme."

Y/n: "That's what I thought, but then what do I got to lose? Nothing really at all." He said while collecting the sap from a tree.

Jay: "Hey at least you've got friends hehe." He said as Y/n smiled a little. "If it doesn't bother you, what was your childhood like with your family?" He asked as Y/n's smile quickly went away and he stopped what he was doing, Jay noticed. "Never mind that-."

Y/n: "It's fine Jay... It's nothing." He finished collecting the sap. "Nothing is what I wish it was, but that's not happening... ever."

Jay: "It's okay, you don't have to-."

Y/n: "I hated it, every moment. It still hurts thinking about those memories with them." He said as Jay heard growling from the trees. "I got hurt for something I couldn't control, and it kept happening over and over. Not once did I do something bad, not once did I hurt anyone or anything."

The growls grew louder and louder as Jay pulled out his weapon, a pair of nunchucks. "Y/n, calm down. Your emotions are alerting grimm."

Y/n kept talking as he put his hand on a tree, he thought about his past making him feel more hate and sorrow. A large ursa charged towards them as Jay was ready for. But Y/n quickly intervened by quickly cutting it's head off in one quick motion.

Jay: "Woah, that was pretty fast." He said as Y/n was looking at his hands. "Do you do that with just your hands? Your nails are pretty sharp."

Y/n: "They just got longer and sharper, I don't know how this happened." He said as his nails went back to normal. "I'm sorry for the trouble, It's just... I thought I could try to move on from it, but I guess not."

Jay: "No it was my fault, I shouldn't have asked that. Let's hurry up and head back to the others before more show up."

*Time Skip*

Y/n sat alone on a rooftop, examining his hands. He could finally be able to control his claws on his own will. He heard footsteps approaching him as he quickly got his weapon while turning around.

Y/n: "It's you... what do you want?"

"I just wanted to talk." Ruby said with her arms raised.

Y/n made his weapon disappear and sat back down.

Ruby: "Woah that is awesome- oh wait, I wanted to apologize for when we were younger."

Y/n: "What exactly are you apologizing for?"

Ruby: "Well everything that happened to you, was my fault. I was the one that was scared of you and that made them hate you."

Y/n: "Why... why were you so afraid of me? I haven't done anything."

Ruby: "Yeah I know, but the others said-."

Y/n: "The others don't even know why, they're just thinking off of their own view."

Ruby: "... Do you know?" She asked as he stood up and turned towards her.

His unmatched red eyes glared at her, making her feel uneasy as she backed away.

Ruby: "Heh... heh... I think I'll just go." As she turned away, he was already standing in front of her. "H-huh? How did you?" She questioned while looking back and forth.

Y/n: "I think I know exactly why... but do you?" He said as she began to slowly back away.

Ruby: "They-"

Y/n: "Forget what they said, I'm asking if you yourself know exactly."

Ruby: "I-I can't remember, I was young."

Y/n: "I was young too, and your mom, dad, and sister didn't care."

Ruby: "I'm sorry, it's wasn't fair that they-."

Y/n: "Fair? That's not the half of it. I would've probably been better off if Summer never found me."

Ruby: "You did try to kill me before running away." She nervously pointed out.

"What's stopping me now?" He asked before she took off with her semblance.