Are You Actually A Dragon or Just A Chuunibyou?

"...y. Hey."

Pebbles press against Siegfried's back like acupuncture. He can feel dirt in his shoes, and all his clothes are damp and wet. Siegfried coughs; water comes splashing out. He hears a voice: "Are you okay?" It seems to be the voice of a kid, a boy somewhere around his age.

While his vision adjusts, he frantically searches around for the crystal that was once in his hands. He wipes his eyes, then looks up at the boy next to him. A boy no older than him with scruffy golden yellow hair that reaches all the way down to his midsection. It drapes over his shoulders. His eyes are orange, so unusually orange that they may be hiding a flaming glow behind them. Above him were... a strange pair of red cosplay horns. At least, to Siegfried, he thinks they're horns for cosplay.

Siegfried wipes his eyes again. "Aren't those my... clothes you're wearing?"

Solfrid nods. "Indeed they were. I found them extremely handy after I got here. Thank the Sun that your... satchel was conveniently placed here." He picks up the backpack, holding it upside down and shaking it.

"Wait wait wait-! Those are my stuff! You're going to ruin them-!" It was too late, as all the sandwiches, his wallet, the phone and the water jug had already dropped out of the backpack. "Ah..." Siegfried wallows in misery. The tiny waves from the lake washes over the items. He gasps, "Crap! My phone. And the wallet!" The boy crawls over to his items, picking them up one by one and snatching his backpack from the other kid.

Solfrid can only gawk dumbfoundedly as he watches the boy shove the items back in his backpack, then stands up. Siegfried sighs. "How long have I been out for?" he asks.

"The Sun has moved about only 30° since I found you lying in the middle of the lake."

"30 degrees..." He looks up at the sky, noticing the position of the sun. The blue of the sky had noticeably darkened the last time he saw it, so time has passed for sure. The sun leans more towards the west now. "I'm guessing that it's been a long time. Well, anyway, thanks for saving me bro! I have no idea what I was doing back there, haha." Siegfried scratches the back of his neck. He looks back at the other kid. "Ah, I just realized we're both the same height!"

Solfrid stares at the boy. He squints. "Is that so? Then humans must have grown considerably short over the years."

The boy tilts his head. "But you're only 11 or 12 years old. I'm 12, too!"

"What?" Solfrid looks at his hands, then his feet, then feels his torso. His clothes are just a bit damp from jumping into the water earlier. "...What."

Siegfried watches, confused as the other boy does his thing."Hey, how old are you?" he queries.

"I'm.... years old," mumbles Solfrid.

"Huh? I didn't hear you."

"I said, I'm two thousand years old! Two millenia!" Solfrid's voice comes out squeaky and small, unlike the voice he is familiar with. A loud, booming voice, capable of instilling fear into the mortals below him. But now... Now... He is nothing but a mere human child.

The boy smiles. "That's impossible. No one's ever lived that long. Are you trying to scare me?" he giggles.

"Oh shut up. Do you know what I am?" he asks, in an attempt to be menacing. He points to the horns on his head. "I am a dragon! A once in a dragon's lifetime sun dragon! I have powers bestowed upon me by the Sun itself! Do not try to play with me, boy. I can crush you at will, if I wish to do so."

"Woah~ Did you recite that from your school play? I think I saw a script like that before, on the internet. I guess it also explains the cool horns on your head. Oh, and the tail too."

Solfrid looks behind him. His fiery orange tail flicks and flings the dirt around him. Some pebbles fly onto the lake and skips, creating ripples on the water. He stares back at the boy. "I-internet...?" Solfrid glares, dumbfounded. He sighs, "So even the language has changed many years after my slumber."

Siegfried snickers. "After the bears slumber, you mean? You know, bears hibernate during winter. It's May now! All the snow has melted and summer is coming. Are you excited? 'Cuz I am."

"Winter... I haven't heard of that since ages." Ever since his land was overrun by famine and drought, there hasn't been any winter since. It was blazing hot all year round. During those few years, Solfrid thought that this was the punishment brought upon him and his tribe by the Sun. At the time of his "death," he wondered if he was the root cause of his tribe's downfall.

"Ehhh... Where did you live? Eden? That country has like, no winter at all. It'd be no surprise if you haven't heard of it already!" Siegfried laughs.

"Eden?" Solfrid's eyes widened, "Hey boy, tell me. What are the names of the territories around here?"

"You're really weird, you know," he shrugs, "but, I guess it wouldn't hurt to tell you. On our continent, we have four countries. The country in the North is Everwinter, the country of never ending snow and Aurora Borealis. Then, in the West is Elkhart, which is where we are right now. To the East is Eaubonne, where the Pyrenees mountain range resides. If you ever want to go there, be careful, because earthquakes and avalanches happen a lot! Finally, in the South, is Eden. Land of year-round summer and beautiful tropical rainforests to see. That's where I think you came from!"

"I see.. So there are 'countries,' not territories. Times really have changed. What is your name, boy?"

The boy beams in excitement. He grins wide, ear to ear. "Finally! You asked for my name! I'm Evergreene. Siegfried Evergreene! How about you? You're so... uhm..." He pauses, trying to think of a word to say. "You're very interesting! So, what's your name?"

Solfrid sighs, "Solfrid. The once every epoch sun dragon."

"No last name?"

"I told you, I'm a dragon. Can't you tell? I've got horns and a tail! Wings, sometimes when I wish for them to appear. How many times do I have to repeat this until you're convinced?"

"Dragons don't exist, idio- I mean, sorry! What are you, a chuunibyou or something?" Siegfried jokes around lightheartedly.

Solfrid tilts his head. "What's a chuunibyou?"