Have You Ever Use A Duck As A Projectile Before?

The door behind them closes as they walk out, stomachs full and belching.

"Ah.. My wallet... Has taken a huge blow....." Siegfried sulks. The trio had finally eaten after not eating anything for the day, and they'd stuffed themselves full back in Eden Feliz. The sun shines high in the air, blinding the eyes of Siegfried as he tries to look up. He has to hold a hand over his eyes to block the sunlight. "It's gotten even hotter. What is this, a heatwave?" Siegfried raises an eyebrow.

Earlier, Solfrid had asked Azul a question: is he a feathered serpent? The little kid's reply was: yes, he is indeed a serpent. He'd told them that his family was worshipped back in Eden as "Serpents of Spring," which was cool. Apparently, Serpents of Spring were considered as deities that could control the season of spring in Eden, but the thing was that they weren't deities at all. At least, according to Solfrid. The Land of Flowing Streams was actually the name of a dragon tribe long ago back when he still lived as a dragon. From this, Siegfried had learnt that there were four dragon tribes on this continent, just like how there are four countries right now.

There was the tribe in the north, called the Land of Elder Woods, which was a massive woodland that spanned the entire northern continent consisting of huge burgundy trees with leaves that were painted red all year round. The dragons of the Elder Woods would make these trees their home, setting up nests and holes in tree bark and branches.

To the west was the Land of Golden Fields, which was as you guessed, just a huge expansion of grassland and plains. The dragons there survived off of the fruits of trees and berries of shrubs, plucking them off the branches with their beak-like mouths. They would also use the wheat and grains that grew in the wild plains and harvest them, creating bread for everyone to eat. The Golden Fields tribe was Solfrid's tribe, he said.

In the south was the Land of Flowing Streams, aka the Eden that Azul told Siegfried about. That tribe had barely interacted with any of the other tribes, as they had everything they needed and saw no point in trade. Therefore, Solfrid didn't know anything about this. Because Azul was only (seemingly) nine years old, he had little knowledge and was able to give Siegfried just a little bit of information. His dad had said that serpents of Flowing Streams tribe had four wings, were multicolored, and lived on the very top of rainforests in the canopies.

Then finally, the tribe that was in the east was the Land of Yellow Rain. Solfrid said that this tribe was the one that traded the most, for it was the one to invent paper and actual glyphs for dragons. Then, Azul told Siegfried that there was a rumour that in Eaubonne, there was an enchanted pond at the top of the highest mountain in the Pyrenees mountain range, where it is believed that serpents reside. Solfrid added that this could be highly likely, because serpents of the Yellow Rain tribe were frog-like (basically, amphibians).

From that conversation, Siegfried learned a lot more of the dragon world and its tribes, but he still didn't know everything. It was cut short because the waiter had come in and brought them their meals, in which all three of them had wolfed down in seconds. There was no more room for dessert.

As Siegfried kept staring at the blazing sun, not caring if it'll blind him or not, he saw a faint shadow appear just in front of it. It blocked the light in front of him, and just a few seconds later, he could make out the shape of it. A bead of sweat trickles down his forehead, and he turns to the other two behind him. Azul is lying on a lamppost, gasping for air from the sweltering heat. Solfrid, on the other hand, pays no mind and just stands there with his hands tucked into the pocket of his shorts. Siegfried raises an eyebrow in concern. "Guys... Duck!" he yells out.

Azul whips his head around in a flash. "Huh? Duck? Where?"

"Duck!" Siegfried points frantically to the bird that is currently flying at them at mach speed. He ducks as the duck swoops toward him and Azul.

Azul screams. "AAAHH!! DUCK!" There is little to no time for him to react as the duck grazes his cheek. It flies past him; the force of the wind is too great for Azul to handle, and he tips over and his hair falls over to the other side of his face.

"Crap... I just knocked out a kid... Now I'll really be charged with involuntary manslaughter..." Siegfried rushes over to Azul's falling body, catching it in midair and supporting it up. Solfrid walks over to the boy, patting his back un-reassuringly.

He nods, as if he understands, which he does not. "I don't know what involuntary manslaughter means, boy, but this kid will get up in no time. He's just unconscious, but because he is a serpent, Azul will wake up soon. Just think of it like fainting from shock."

Siegfried's eyebrows twitch. He smiles anxiously. "Ah.. He's out because of shock, is that it," the boy chuckles nervously. From what he'd seen back there, the force of the wind from the duck was massive. It would've surely knocked him out if he were in Azul's position too. Although, he's not sure about Solfrid.. Maybe he's been in situations like this before? Siegfried rests the boy's arm over his shoulder. He turns to the other dragon with an expression of plea. "Hey, Solfrid.. You're a dragon, right?"

"Yes, that's what I am. What is it?"

"Do you think you can use your powers on Azul and... Carry him?"

So he does. Or at least, attempts to. Solfrid extends an arm towards Azul's unconscious body, lifting him up in the air with his powers for just a second, before dropping him back to the ground. "Oops."

"Crap! Now you've just made him unconscious even more! I'm going to get arrested at this point!"