A New Foe Has Appeared: Challenger Approaching

"Hey Solfrid, do you think you could use your powers on me?" whispers Siegfried as they hide in an alleyway from a cop just a few meters away. His missing person posters are all around the town; no matter where he goes, he'll still spot one hanging off a wall. Since the posters are everywhere in Alkborough, Siegfried has no choice but to hide, thus they are where they are right now.

Solfrid peeks out the alleyway, his bangs falling over his eyes. The hood of his hoodie is up, just slightly covering the horns. Keyword: slightly. The hood of his blue hoodie does barely anything. He watches out for any passersby. At this point, the cop has given up patrolling this area and has moved to a different place. "My powers? How so?"

"Well, I was just thinking that since you have powers, you could change my identity." Siegfried smiles. "It's a genius idea."

Solfrid ponders. "Hmm... It's an intriguing idea. Normal dragons would not be able to have the power to change their scales, but since I am a sun dragon, I could...."

"So, do you think you could?"

"I can't guarantee it'll last for more than one second, though," he bluntly says.

Siegfried's face falls. "Oh."

Solfrid proceeds with it anyway. The boy's head turns to that of a horse, but as expected, it lasts for only one second. During that one second, Siegfried felt an intense and indescribable horror, one unlike you would feel in your entire lifetime (that is, if you haven't watched horror movies).

"You're really powerless..." Siegfried sulks.

"I know," Solfrid nods understandably.

. . . . . .

Alkborough's downtown is teeming with human people of all kinds bustling about. Mothers pushing strollers, women carrying handbags, men making their way to work, and lost children, the one next to both Solfrid and Siegfried in particular. Siegfried sits uncomfortably next to the crying kid on the bench. The kid has long black hair that drapes over his left eye, covering it completely. The hair at his back is tied into a ponytail long enough to touch the ground, at least from his height. Tufts of hair poke out from the side, almost resembling cat ears. Over the kid's hair that covers his left eye is a lock of hair that is seemingly dyed blue. Siegfried takes note of this, thinking that the blue accent compliments the boy's black hair.

He stares at the boy, sniffling loudly through the hands that cups his face. He feels almost bad, raising his hand to pat the boy's back. Though, he resolves not to do it, and brings his arm back. After all, what would he do if the police recognized him after he brought the child to the station?

The kid's whimpers come to a halt, but his hands do not move away. "Hey, mister... Who are you?" a small voice asks.

Siegfried stares at the boy. He notices the boy's tan complexion. He must be from Eden, he thinks. "I'm Siegfried. Are you lost?" He raises an eyebrow.

The black-haired boy finally looks up, revealing his one blue eye. It's glossy from crying so much, reflecting Siegfried's face in it. His eyebrows furrow as he stares at the platinum-blonde kid next to him. "Not you. The other one," he points to Solfrid.

He can only gawk in offense as the kid ignores him. Solfrid turns towards Siegfried, confused. "Hey. Who's this kid?" asks the hooded dragon, gesturing to the boy currently studying him.

"I'm not sure," he whispers, shrugging.

The boy squints. "You remind me of my papa. His flame is big and green, but your flame is big and yellow. And you're so... Bright!" He lifts his arms in the air, implying that the intensity of the golden-haired dragon's brightness is great.

"Eh... What's he talking about?"

"I'm just as confused as you are."

Siegfried scratches his chin. He sighs, "I guess it can't be helped. This guy here is Solfrid! He's a dragon!"

The kid beams in excitement. His eyes that used to be glossy from all the crying shine with wild curiosity. "Wow! A dragon! My papa's like that too! He says that because we are serpents, we have to hide. Ssss!" A forked tongue escapes the boy's lips.

A hand slams over his mouth; Siegfried grins. Ironically, he is dying inside. "There is nothing to see here!" Then he leans in and whispers: "Your dad's right— don't ever let anyone see that. Because... Um..." He turns to Solfrid. His hood is down, showing off his horns for everyone to see. Siegfried dies inside just a little more. "Just don't!" he whisper-yells to the kid.

"Hey kid, what's your name?" Solfrid speaks up.

"My name's Azul!" the boy says eagerly through the hand that covers his mouth. He then proceeds to lick Siegfried's palm. Siegfried cries at this, jerking his hand away and wiping it on his pants.

Siegfried can feel the irritation inside of him boiling. "What the heck!" Solfrid only does nothing as he stands up and walks away, looking around as if he were searching for something. Siegfried looks back at him, confused. "Hey, what are you doing?"

...

A loud grumble erupts from the belly of both him and Solfrid. "I'm looking for food," the dragon states. His hands are shoved into the pocket of his hoodie.

"My papa says that we can eat food at restaurants."

"Is that so? Tell me, kid, what is a restaurant?"

"Ahh... A restaurant is a building where you can sit down and people serve you food!" explains Siegfried. "It's usually very pricey but it's fine because I've got a wallet." He digs into his backpack, pulling a strange leather pouch. It's his wallet. "In here's my mom's card— I'll only use it if I'm out of cash. And in cash, I think I have somewhere around $300..."

Azul perks up at the mention of $300. "Wow! You're rich! Papa says that money that humans use is useless. I don't think so because we're humans!"

Siegfried nods. He turns to look at Solfrid, giving him a gaze that says you-better-act-human-or-you're-dead. Solfrid gives a gaze back that retorts, you-can't-even-kill-me, i'm-literally-a-dragon. Siegfried ignores this and claps his hands. "I think I have an idea on where we should eat. Follow me guys, 'cuz we're going to Eden Feliz! My favourite restaurant that serves food from Eden!"