𝐄𝐩 𝐈.3

Lan Jingyi huffed angrily and mumbled an insult as he picked up the said "rug with paint."

"I'll apologize on his behalf; he has no idea what he's doing," [y/n] sighed. "why would you say sorry for him? You don't even know that guy." Lan Jingyi retorted, He doesn't even know the madman, why bother saying sorry?

[Y/n] didn't know either, he just felt as if... He needed too..? Maybe it's because of sympathy? Pity?(English isn't my first language so please correct me if I said something wrong here) He had no idea. "is it wrong to defend a person? " remarked [y/n] as if he were a child. "you! -"

"Now is not the time to fight guys, let's just do what we need to do," Lan Yuan said, holding back a giggle at his two childlike friends.

"Let's have a look over there," Lan Jingyi said, motioning for everyone to follow. [Y/n] spotted Lan Yuan standing behind them all, staring at the area where the "mad man" had fled. He gave a puzzled look as he hurriedly walked over to Lan Yuan. "Are you all right, Sizhui?" [y/n] asked, his voice concerned. Lan Yuan immediately awoke from his trance and gave [y/n] a reassuring gaze.

"Don't worry, I'm alright Lan Huang. I thought I just saw something" [y/n] at first didn't believe him, but he then ran after the group Jingyi was guiding.

'that's weird.."

_________________

"Déjà vu effect eh? Past lives with them. Contrary to what theologians teach, we don't just live one life or have one life to live" -Anon
______________________

Night falls, crickets chirp, and powerful winds howl. The bright moonlight hit [y/n]'s face as he stared at the moon above. "beautiful...." he muttered under his breath.

Jingyi, who was standing alongside him, was trying to catch his attention by slapping him with the flag and whispering, "keep focused," while he flashed a glare.

[Y/n] scoffed as he rolled his eyes, straightened his stance, and did the same thing as the rest of them. Lan Jingyi (who was obviously annoyed) was about to say something more when he heard the sound of a flute from afar.

The other one (Lan Yuan) who was also beside them heard it, "Jingyi this melody sounds familiar... I think it's from Gusu. It's something we've heard before."

Unbeknownst to them, [y/n] gazed with wide eyes. Train of thoughts running in his head, questions waiting to be answered.

'Isn't that...?' he wondered, his eyes welling up with tears. He was in desperate need of answers, and he needed them now. He needed to find this person. But he had to keep his mask on because who knows what would happen if they discovered who he really is.

He could easily envision Lan Yuan crying and wondering where the real Lan Huang was.

"have we? It's played awfully.." Jingyi dissed, [y/n] had a smile while a nerve was about to pop in his head. [y/n] scoffed, "pfft, like you can do better."

"Aiya- do you really want to fight-"

"pull him out and report to the officials!"

"yes, sir!"

"dont report him! Beat him to death"

"yes!"

Jingyi's statement was interrupted by an angry leader (Master Mo). he gave [y/n] a glare before mouthing 'wait until we're back at gusu.'