Chapter 10- The Kenobi Residence (Part 2)

WARNING- Ahsoka and Obi-wan argue!

- Hello there! I hope everyone is well! I apologise for the lack of updates for this story, I have been busy and unfortunately have been experiencing writer's block. But fear not, I still love this story and have many plans for it!

- I hope you enjoy the chapter :)

- The amazing image of our beloved disaster lineage members is not mine. 

7:47 PM- Obi-wan's P.O.V.

After an interesting conversation that debated whether Obi-wan's interactions with Ventress consisted of jokes or flirting, the three had consumed their meal and cleaned their dishes. Anakin had quickly retreated to his bedroom once he scrubbed his plate clean while Ahsoka offered to stay and make cinnamon tea for Obi-wan since she had completed her abundance of homework.

Within five minutes, an aroma of sweet spice wafted through the air, causing Obi-wan's mouth to water. As Obi-wan adjusted his grey sweater and stood from his lush couch to receive the cinnamon-flavoured tea from Ahsoka, he wondered why Anakin rushed towards his room. He finished his work, so perhaps he wants to improve his engineering skills. Or perhaps he wanted to contact a friend or secret girlfriend, Obi-wan pondered as Ahsoka sunk into the extremely soft lounge next to him.

He smiled at the sassy girl before sipping his steaming tea, which pleased his tastebuds. The divine taste of sweet cinnamon flooded through Obi-wan's mouth as Ahsoka began speaking. "Obi-wan, do you have to report Anakin to Mr Yoda or Mr Palpatine?" she queried, a hint of frustration in her voice as she sipped her refreshing water.

"Yes, unfortunately, I do. Anakin got into a fight that was quite serious," he explained with a tone of irritation. "As usual, you're playing politics," she muttered, anger lacing her words. Obviously Ahsoka had talked to Anakin about the fight since they got home, as she seemed to be on his side. "Ahsoka, surely you understand that Anakin cannot continue to get into fights," Obi-wan stated in an attempt to help Ahsoka understand his concern and perspective. "I understand that, but he should not be punished for protecting a friend against cruel people," she explained as her crystal blue eyes glared at Obi-wan.

"Ahsoka, it's not fair how you're accusing me. Know that I will try to defend Anakin, even though I am reporting him. It's my job to report incidents like this," Obi-wan defended as a frown spread across his features. "I'm not trying to be fair. But if you'll try defending Anakin, that's all I ask," she clarified as her face contorted into a small smile. "Now, how did Rex cope in the hospital?" Obi-wan questioned, effectively changing the topic and helping make the atmosphere less awkward.

After a half an hour spent discussing their concerns for Rex, cleaning their cups, and discussing Ahsoka's fencing lessons, Ahsoka excused herself and jogged to her bedroom, granting Obi-wan some privacy.

Realising he wished to head to bed soon, Obi-wan decided to email Mr Yoda to discuss Anakin's fight incident. Within a minute, Obi-wan had powered up his laptop and was typing to Mr Yoda. While he stood at his marble benchtop writing his detailed email, Obi-wan stroked his ginger beard in an attempt to brainstorm professional words to include in his writing.

Relief flooded over Obi-wan's consciousness when, ten minutes later, Mr Yoda had replied to his lengthy email, informing him that Anakin would not be expelled and that a meeting would be necessary the next day. Obi-wan placed his prized laptop on charge once he received the relieving news and began searching for his interesting book. As he read his mystery novel, Obi-wan realised the whole time he spent writing his email, his concern that Anakin was in danger of being expelled had clouded his mind.

A quiet, relaxing twenty minutes later, Obi-wan launched himself off his cushioned seat and flickered off the kitchen and living room's bright lights. After placing his novel on his bookshelf, he headed towards the tiled bathroom to prepare himself for bed. Once he completed his thorough nightly routine, Obi-wan forced his feet towards Anakin's bedroom.

As he entered the dimly lit room decorated with machinery and engineering books, Obi-wan spotted Anakin resting on his bed, tinkering with a model of a car. "Goodnight, Anakin," Obi-wan exclaimed kindly as Anakin glanced up, shifting his hazelnut locks away from his face. "Night, Obi-wan," he replied as he placed his model down and saluted to Obi-wan. Obi-wan offered him a gentle smile then strode towards Ahsoka's bedroom.

As Obi-wan entered the tidy room cluttered with inspirational books and Ahsoka's fencing gear, Ahsoka glanced up from polishing her shiny sword. "Goodnight, Obi-wan," she yawned as she fiddled with the sword that emitted a green glimmer. "Goodnight, Ahsoka," he chuckled as he closed the wooden door and walked to his neat bedroom.

After stepping inside his dark bedroom, Obi-wan collapsed on his large, cozy bed and allowed his sore body to sink into the soft mattress. Instead of reflecting on his stressful day at work, the man closed his tired eyes and allowed the comfort of his mattress to welcome him. Obi-wan drifted off to dreamland within a few minutes after black poisoned his consciousness.

NOTE (2023)-

I realised there was a continuity issue with this chapter, but I tried fixing it by adding a sentence. In chapter 8, 'Heading Home,' Ahsoka is revealed to not be overly fond of violence, and she is unimpressed with Anakin stating he had to knock people unconscious to save Tup. But in this chapter, Ahsoka is annoyed that Obi-wan is reporting Anakin, and she defends his violent actions. I realised these opinions conflict, so I added a sentence in this chapter that says that Ahsoka had seemingly talked to Anakin about the fight since they got home, and this helped her side with him.

 I realised these opinions conflict, so I added a sentence in this chapter that says that Ahsoka had seemingly talked to Anakin about the fight since they got home, and this helped her side with him