Chapter 16- Cafeteria Chaos

WARNINGS- None!

- 1 month until Kenobi, Yipee!

- There is a lot of food description in this chapter and I don't know why. I was in the mood for creating descriptive writing.

- Thank you everyone for the support, love to you all! The meme is not mine.

- I sense that this is the last chapter before the climax/plot twist event....

9:54 AM- Third-person P.O.V.

"Come on, do you wanna get anything from Dex?" Anakin questioned as the two entered into the large, brightly-lit room filled with 8-person tables and a colourful, crowded queue that led to Dex, the cafeteria server and his wide variety of food and beverages.

"I'll probably just grab a piece of fruit and a drink. What about you?" Amidala answered as she and Anakin walked towards the twenty-person line-up, studying the room with a red and white aesthetic filled with a cacophony of chatter, chewing and chuckles. "I might try a fruit and a piece of Sic-Six-layer cake Obi-wan told me about."

Anakin replied as the two joined the queue. "I guess you get lots of food recommendations from Mr Kenobi, then?" Amidala questioned as the two moved a place up the deafening loud line. "Yeah. Obi-wan and Dex are old friends. Obi-wan introduced Ahsoka and me to Dex's diner on the second day we got here after moving from Tatooine." Anakin explained before he saluted someone across the room.

"Who are you saluting to?" Padmé queried, her chocolate irises searching all the fifty tables for the person Anakin was interacting with. "Ahsoka. She's the one standing on the chair over there, with the blue and white braids." Anakin explained as he pointed at the table a few metres away from the fire exit, across from a table harbouring two tall people with blonde hair and- "Clovis." Amidala muttered nervously, her face becoming ghostly pale.

"What about Clovis?" Anakin muttered irritation and a hidden fury coating his voice. "Nothing that bad, Anakin; you can relax. He's just sitting on the table across Ahsoka." Amidala clarified as the two approached the food selection bar. Anakin noticed cans of Jawa juice, small pieces of iced cake, sunset-coloured fruit, piles of savoury and salty crackers and plates of bread and leafy vegetables.

"Well, I was gonna ask if you wanted to sit at Ahsoka's table with me, but since Clovis is nearby, we can sit somewhere else if you want?" Anakin questioned as the two gathered a silver food tray and began collecting their desired food and a can of sugar-free Jawa juice.

"It's alright, we can still sit there. As long as we stick together, we'll be ok." Padmé smiled up at Anakin, melting Anakin's heart yet again. Just as he was about to reply to the beautiful being beside him, he was interrupted by a hearty laugh and a deep, cheerful voice.

"Well, Whaddaya know? Anakin Skywalker. Wow! Obi-wan didn't tell me you liked my Sic-Six-layer cake!" the tall man known as Dex exclaimed excitedly as he greeted Anakin, removing his large hand from his stained apron pocket to shake Anakin's hand across the short glass visor that separated Dex and the students for hygiene.

"Hey, Dex. I'll get that Jawa juice, pear and your special cake, please." Anakin exclaimed as he whipped his debit card out of his pocket, prepared to pay for his food. "Right-eo. And who might you be, madam? I've seen you alright many times before, just can't quite remember your name, my dear?" Dex addressed Padmé as Anakin swiped his card across the Eptos machine resting on the edge of the breakfast bar Dex had been set up on for nearly a decade.

"Hello," Padmé greeted politely as Anakin waved to Dex and moved off to the side. "I'm Padmé. Can I get this juice and your fresh-looking fruit, please?" Amidala asked as she fished around in the small, hidden pocket in the side of her flowy dress for her debit card. "Nice to meet ya, Padmé. You're welcome to get anything you'd like, dear. By the way, Anakin, he's a good kid. A keeper. Obi-wan's let me know when he acts all stupid and annoying; he stops pretty quickly." Dex exclaimed suddenly as Padmé swiped her car across the money machine and smiled warmly at Dex.