Preview for Oneshot!

Hello there!

I hope everyone is well. Recently I listened to the song I'll be Good by Jaymes Young, and this song inspired me to write a oneshot about.....Anakin Skywalker!

So instead of writing a chapter for this book, I have been chipping away at a special oneshot that I hope will be the start of a lengthy oneshot book. I have attached a preview below to make up for my lack of updates. I hope you enjoy, feel free to place feedback in the comments!

Note- the writing in the italics at the start are some lyrics for the songs I'll be good, which I am using as Anakin's inner thoughts:

I've been cold, I've been merciless.
But the blood on my hands scares me to death,
Maybe I'm waking up....today
I'll be good, I'll be good.
And I'll love the world like I should.
I'll be good, I'll be good.
I'll be good,
I'll be good.....

Innocent....then guilty of many atrocious crimes. Kind-hearted saviour.....then a cold-hearted murderer. Loyal friend to many.....then traitor to all. An ambitious Jedi....then a broken Lord of the Sith. A man fuelled by his passionate love and compassion.....then a broken shell of his former self, more machine than man.

Yet one status that had never differed throughout his life until the incarnation of his wife redeemed him, was that of a slave. He was once a child slave, bound by heavy chains and fear of his punishment. As a Jedi, he was a slave to his fear of loss, fear of failure and inability to open up to those who loved him dearly. As a Sith he was a slave to his undying remorse and agony over the death of his wife and his many, merciless mistakes.

He was imprisoned by his wild emotions until Luke, his son full of love, light and life freed him, effectively ridding his melancholy heart of the evil that once corrupted it.

And now that he was redeemed, the gorgeous crystal cerulean that once defined his eyes returned, replacing the sickly golden irises that has poisoned his soul.

And now that he was redeemed, the pain that coursed through his veins lessened, for the love of Luke was able to overpower the throbbing of his sizzling skin.

And now that he was redeemed, the blissful thoughts of his late wife returned, sending Anakin into that spiral of bittersweet memories. The beautiful memories filled with her melodic laughter, her curious chocolate eyes, her soft smile and the soft sensation of her lips against his, which always made his heart burst with utter joy.

And now that he was redeemed, twilight was upon him, ready to send him to the awaiting afterlife.....

:)