{8} Running from our problems

It's been a month.

A month of absolute hell.

Everything was going downhill for everyone. Alex was just going absolutely insane, Brian barely showed up anymore, Tim was getting more anxious by the day, and Jay started to carry his camcorder everywhere and investigating everything he could get his hands on, everyone was out of control.

Even you.

You started to see things that weren't there, you heard a loud, high pitched ringing in your ears every now and then, and you would black out at times, waking up in completely different places a second later.

You were terrified of everything. Everything seemed like a death trap, a scheme to plan your murder at any time.

You started to become paranoid, to the point of insanity. Not sleeping, due to the fear of being stalked. Not eating, you didn't want to wast your precious time you had left to live on sitting in a lonely chair, stuffing your face.

You didn't even text Jay at night. This was becoming stupid...

But back to the present.

You were walking to Jay's house, at night, because you couldn't afford a car. Stupid, I know.

But yet, you carried on, holding your phone, actually recording anything and everything that came into view of the phones dim little flashlight.

The air around you was dead silent, all except for your own footsteps that echoed down the sidewalk quietly, and your shaky breathing that you tried to control, but failing miserably, hitching your breathing in an uncomfortable way.

The cold air you inhaled stung your lungs. It was painful to breath, and it was painful to take this long of a walk, alone, in the dark, silently, with only a flashlight from your small phone to see.

Every once in a while, your hands shook so much, the moving light in every direction, making you see a dark figure down the empty road.

'It's just my imagination, I'm seeing things again. It's nothing.' You thought desperately to yourself.

Soon enough, you don't see the figure anymore, so you hastily carry on towards Jay's house.

The deathly silence clawed at your thoughts, desperate to break the silence. You swallow the lump in your throat, as not to speak.

It was another few painful minutes of darkness, that was only pushed away by the dim light emitting from your phone, until you finally reached Jay's little house.

Sighing in relief, you run up to the front door. Hesitant to knock, you bring your hand up to the door.

You slowly knock. The sound wasn't loud, but it wasn't exactly quiet either.

A minute passed. Then another.

Eventually, the door creaked open, allowing the person on the other side of the door to see you clearly. Another moment of silence.

"Y-Y/n..? What...what are you doing here?" He muttered, clearly confused.

You thought for a moment.

"My house doesn't feel safe anymore...I feel like I'm being watched, all the time..." You choked, barely letting audible words out.

Jay was quiet.

"Can I um...can I come in please..?" You stutter.

Jay smiled worryingly. "Yeah! yeah of course!" His eyes were filled with concern. He opened the door all the way, allowing you to step through.