CHAPTER 13: master craftsman and artisan

Zhan wemei slouched her back dejectedly as she sighs full of disappointment. "sighs, that can't be helped" she muttered dejectedly.

She was walking absentmindedly when she suddenly stops in her tracks full of excitement. As she was passing by a dilapidated mansion she suddenly heard a conversation that rekindled her hope.

The maid was stunned as she watches Zhan wemei eyeing the dilapidated mansion with bright eyes. She suddenly recalled that this mansion belongs to a family of master craftsmen and artisans. Her eyes widened incredulously as she thought Zhan wemei can't be thinking of—

"whose residence is this?" Zhan wemei asked excitedly.

"Miss, this mansion belongs to the best craftsman and artisan family in the city. However, their family was schemed against and they lose their livelihood. Now only the pair of brother and sister were left, they were trying to regain their former glory when an accident happen..." she explained carefully.

Zhan wemei finally understood everything. She smiled and knock on their gate without hesitation.

"Knock! Knock! Knock!" the crisp knocking quietened the argument inside.

"miss I was just saying this might not be a good idea" she reminded helplessly out of goodwill. Besides she doesn't want her to get entangled in a family feud.

"Nah, don't worry it will be fine" Zhan wemei smiled reassuringly. She's always been fearless and not afraid of trouble so she didn't even think of the consequences. She would face them once they showed up, she just wants to open her shop for now and that's all that matters.

Before the maid could say anything else a lady in her twenties dispiritedly opened the door. "who is it?" she asked politely, though she look haggard and dispirited.

"I came here to give you the chance to rise again" Zhan Wemei smiled brightly as she blurted straight to the point.

Bei Wansheng was stunned into a daze.

"w-what chance?" she was about to close the gate but on second thought she decided to entertain her because she was smiling brightly at her and it would be rude to do so. Although they lose their glory they haven't lost their manners yet.

"I want to hire you guys as the master craftsman and artisan for my business." Zhan Wemei said while locking gazes with her.

"a-are you serious?" she blurted before she could think. After that incident their clients all canceled their contracts with them and because of that they lost their remaining fortune and no one trusted on them anymore resulting in their downfall.

She was truly hopeful that the woman in front of her wasn't jesting.

"dead serious?" Zhan Wemei nodded seriously.

"Okay, come in, and let's talk about it" she sighs deeply as she invited them inside.

...

When Zhan Wemei exited the Bei residence it was already past sunset so they quickly went back home with a satisfied smile.

Though it took her a lot of time and effort to convince the siblings to work for her, in the end, it works out well.

She finally found trustworthy people with real skills, she couldn't help but smile brilliantly at the thought of her designs coming to life.