10.- Family Ties

After the amazing date with Harry, Zayn was over the moon.

He couldn't believe that this gorgeous lad was that into him. "Maybe this could be sumthin gud at the end," he thought as getting into bed, after a shower he took when he got home.

After just some hours of sleep,  he was having a bad dream, with spiders all over his bed, his legs, and crawling up his body.

Abruptly he opened his eyes realizing that he was having a nightmare. 

"Bloody spiders get off of me..." Zayn gasped as waking up. It was around 1:18 am. "A fuckin' nightmare," he said.

At the same time, Harry woke up as well, drenched in sweat and his phone rang.

"Hello," he said picking up.

"Mate, I just saw the Darkling that you saw last night. The dead kid from The Dells," said Liam.

"Who do you think it was?" Harry asked him.

"I don't know but it's starting to freak me out," said Liam agitated.

"I'm telling you someone is using the powers and we have to find out who. See you tomorrow?" Harry said hanging up the phone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Later at school, Mr. Higgins - Spenser's Principal Head -  summoned Harry to his office.

"Have a seat Mr. Styles. I have a couple of questions for you," he said.

"Yes, sir," Harry answered.

"Do you know something about this?" he said pushing the newspaper towards him and pointing to the dead kid from The Dells.

"No sir," Harry said categorically.

"Hmm and what about the fight that occurred a couple of nights ago at a local bar? he continued.

"Sir, that was... a misunderstanding," he answered.

"I've heard that Chase Collins was with you?" he asked.

"Yes, sir," Harry responded.

"Well, Chase Collins came to our school with an excellent academic record, his family made a very generous donation to our institution.

Just make sure he has a positive experience here at Spenser's. Take him under your wing, would you? and... no more fights Mr. Styles," he advised him.

"Yes sir," Harry said walking out the door.
         ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Zayn was in class as well and after filling Sarah in with not so many details about his hot date, he went to the library.

He was thinking a lot about Harry's family and the origin of the "Sons of Ipswich" and... his dream.

He has always been captivated by supernatural stories and had a feeling that maybe they're related.

He was reading for hours about the town history and the families, paganism spells that include spiders - creation spells they called them - and he was intrigued by the John Putnam's story.

"What is that?" said Danielle startling him a little.

"Hey D, Harry's and the boys' family books. Is everything in here true? Like the witchcraft and spells? Do youh know?" he asked.

"No, well, I don't know really. Every time I asked Liam he says it's nonsense," she said.

"Mmh..." he whispered.

"Let's grab some lunch," Danielle said.

"Yeah, let's goh. I'm starving." He said closing the books and putting them back on the shelf.

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The boys were at the swimming class waiting for Liam and Harry to arrive.

"So?! What happened with Mr. Higgins?" asked Niall.

"Someone told him about the fight at Nicky's," Harry said.

After they finished the class they were in the locker room and Chase got in a fight with Aaron.

"Leave him alone Aaron." Harry approached them and warned him.
But in a move, Aaron was put down by Chase.

"Don't be so sensitive man, size isn't everything," he said to Aaron that was kneeling on the floor.

"My man!" said Harry stretching his hand celebrating that he put Aaron in his place.

"Hey, wanna go to play some foosball?" Chase asked.

"No, no today man. I have a date. But some other day, yeah?" Harry answered.

"It's ok. What about you man?" Chase asked Liam.

"Oh no man, I'm cool," he said.

Later at night, Liam was with Danielle at her place dropping her off.

"What's up baby, is something wrong?" Danielle asked.

"Yes, Chase. I don't want you near him," he said.

"What? Why? He's my friend..." she replied.

"Damn right, he's interested in being friends. I don't like the guy. I don't trust him!" he explained to her.

"Are you jealous? Because you're being a dick Liam!" she yelled at him.

"I just want you away from him," he added.

"Well, you're not the boss of me telling who I should talk to or not," she continued.

"Ok, so that's the way it's gonna be then? So be it," he said turning around.

"Liam! This is beyond idiotic! she yelled and slammed the front door.

     ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was pouring rain when Harry drove Zayn home after their date that night.
When they get there, they parked at his house entrance.

"Thanks for dinner," Zayn said.

"My pleasure, love," Harry said smiling. Mmh, what are you doing on Saturday?" Harry asked getting nervous.

"Mmh, why? What's happenin' on Saturday?" Zayn questioned.

"There's a dance, February's School Dance," Harry answered.

"Ok..." Zayn said waiting for Harry to continue.

"And I was hoping you'd go with me? Harry asked him looking at his hazel eyes.

"I dunno, I don't dance..." he said a little blushed.

"It happens to be my birthday too and I want you to come with me," Harry said. Then he put his forehead against Zayn's, and asked him again  "...please baby, would you?"

"Alright, yeah. I'll goh with youh." he said smiling at the curly-haired lad.

"Thanks love... you don't know how much it means to me," Harry said and kissed him.

They were making out, savoring each other, touching each other.

"I should goh..." Zayn said.

"Mmh ok...". Harry said between kisses with him.

"I know they'll be comin' to find me soon," he said kissing him back.

"Please love, don't leave me yet. It's raining, stay with me a little bit," Harry said kissing him as he hold him tight.

"Oh, babe, I'll never leave you if you keep holding me this way," said Zayn.

"Love, I'm holding you hostage then. You're never gonna get away," he whispered to Zayn.