Chapter 7

This chapter is dedicated to HazelJayant, she is such a sweet soul.

I was seated on a stool in the middle of the art room with a scowl on my face. I cursed the day I met Mrs. Uzo. Why would she suggest such an idea to a new student? What did she think I was, a mannequin that had no life except for it to be displayed to the curious eyes of the homo sapien species.

The cool room did nothing to calm my blazing nerves as I gripped the corners of the tall stool I was seated on feeling self-conscious. I had never felt so naked in my school uniform, my legs were crossed which caused my skirt to expose my knees and a bit of my thighs. I couldn't do anything about that because I didn't want to let go of the stool for fear that I could fall off due to my anxiety. I glanced at the boy seated in front of me gazing at every detail of my face and body. My tummy churned, I felt so nervous I started to feel light-headed.

"Hey, are you alright?" He stopped his drawing and focused his eyes on me, he look concerned. I looked at him my eyes focused on his. "Should we take a break?" he asked as he stood from the chair, he looked every bit of a model student in his school uniform.

Gah, he looked good, too good actually.

I thought you said he looked meh

I shook my head as he came to stand in front of me. I didn't want to look into his eyes for fear that I could do or say something stupid.

"Is something wrong, did I do anything wrong" he sounded so worried, I closed my eyes because I felt scared of the strange emotion I was feeling.

I felt his fingers on my chin. I opened my eyes and jolted back almost falling to my death. His hands held my waist as I grabbed onto his shoulder holding onto him with all my strength. His hands they felt warm. We stared at each other. My heart was beating rapidly as I held my breath. He looked at my lips and I raised both of my brows in shock.

I didn't like this position at all. It felt so good and bad at the same time. I sat up properly and dropped my hands from his shoulders. His hands were still on my waist.

" I think we need a break," I said in an unwavering voice, he nodded dropping his hands from my waist. I needed to get far away from this boy as soon as possible.

"You don't like me" he stated.

What the fudge was that supposed to mean? We barely knew each other. I looked at him surprised to see the sad look in his eyes.

"I...." I licked my lips as I tried to think of what to say. He stared at my lips, his Adam's apple bulging, the grey orbs of his eyes becoming prominent. He held my chin with his thumb and index finger his hands felt warm on my face my chin tingling from his touch. He searched my eyes as if trying to know what I wanted. I was breathing so fast bracing myself for what was coming. He leaned closer as he placed his other hand on my thigh. I gripped the stool tightly, my tummy tingling from the blissful feeling I was experiencing for the first time. His nose touched mine and I released my hand from the chair pulling his school vest. He smiled and brushed his lips on mine...

I felt a sharp pain on my thigh which caused me to jolt forward while I rubbed my eyes. I opened my eyes and looked up my eyes meeting my mom's.

So it was all a dream. I was dreaming about DAVYN!!

The world had definitely come to an end, there was no way I was dreaming about a boy I hardly knew.

" Maria, what were you dreaming of? You kept on licking your lips and you didn't even hear me when I called you repeatedly" My mom stood above me with her hands placed on her hips " I hope you weren't eating in your dreams."