Chapter 3

"28... 29... 30! Here I go!" I heard Sundrop announce excitedly. I was hiding in a corner on the second floor of a junglegym on the other side of Daycare. I felt a bit silly. I could hear children giggle, trying to hush each other but only bursting out in laughter even more. It was kind of cute, it reminded me of how I used to play when I was this small.

Sundrop started searching, I could tell because of the excited screams and squeals and Sunny's laughter. He was still far away, but I looked around nervously, making sure nobody was near. I probably had the best hiding spot - or so I thought. This part of the play structure was situated completely in the back corner of the room. I sat in a small cube shaped "room" barely tall enough for me to sit in. It had rainbow tunnels leading to it from three sides and a fourth foam wall that I was leaning on. The good thing was that nobody could spot me from the outside, however that went both ways, there was no way for me to see Sundrop approach and switch hiding places.

I sat in silence, sometimes checking my watch. It's already been almost 10 minutes. I started getting impatient, the happy squeals I could hear a while ago turned into silence again, which made me question if Sundrop didn't just switch to another game, giving up on finding me. I didn't want to sit here, for an hour just to win a stupid bet I made with an animatronic Sun. Now that really made me feel stupid. I sighed and contemplated if I should just leave, but then I heard a thumping noise of something climbing through one of the hollow plastic tunnels.

I held my breath and tried to take as little space as I could. The noise grew louder and louder and I could feel the tunnel right in front of me shake a little.

Dammit! I thought, covering my mouth with the palm of my hand - still hoping he would turn around.

"I can see youuu!" I looked up, seeing Sundrop's shiny eyes emerging from the tunnel just a few feet in front of me as he climbed up. I pressed my back into the foam wall behind me as much as I could.

"Not fair!" I protested weakly. His face seemed to be stretched into an even wider smile than before.

"Found you Y/N~~ " He hummed - clearly proud of himself, placing his hands on my shoulders.

"Chmph!" I looked down, getting slightly flustered. He was a little too close - after all he was almost 7 feet tall and there were two of us crowded in this little cubicle made for 5 year olds.

He was kneeling above me , I looked up again only to see his face a few inches in front of mine. My cheeks flushed from the sudden closeness.

"ehmm.. Sunny?" I uttered, feeling unsure about what was going to happen. His smile started to look more like a grin now, which made me realize just how trapped I really was. Unless he moved, there was no way for me to get out. I started getting nervous. He wasn't moving, his face so close I would definitely feel his breath on my cheeks - if he had one.

"You have really pretty eyes Sunshine~" he said after a while, I felt a shiver run down my spine.

"T-thanks Sunny...?" I tried to shake this uneasy feeling off. I finally placed my hand on his, trying to push him away to regain a bit of personal space. He loosened his grip, only to wrap his left arm around my waist, pulling me to his torso tightly. I gasped and before I could do anything else he started climbing out of the play structure.

"We have to go now! the children are waiting to play!" he said in his regular excited voice. "We have to wait for them to leave to have time to play together~ " he continued, his voice gaining a tone I haven't heard from him before. I was too stunned to say anything until he stepped out of the colorful tunnel onto the main Daycare floor.

"Sundrop!" I snapped finally. "Let me down dammit!" I struggled, pushing onto his torso. He set me down carefully, looking at me with his usual childlike innocence.

"What is it Sunshine?"

I felt my cheeks burn, I felt so embarrassed and frustrated. Why would an animatronic - a robot say things like that??? My thoughts were allover the place.

"Whatever! Just don't pick me up next time okay?" I said sharply, finally regaining my senses.

He kept looking at me confusedly, as if he didn't remember what had just happened. But before I could say anything we were interrupted by a group of children tugging on Sundrop's legs, begging him to do a puppet show for them.

He smiled at me and turned to them, skipping away with his usual excitement.

i stood there, still stunned. When I finally gave up on trying to make sense of all this I headed back to the little children desks for my checkboard. I needed a break in my office I thought, some coffee and water would surely bring me back to Earth.