-8-

Crocus: All who have seen Laboon ask the same questions. Why does he continually strike his body against the Red Line? Why does he keep howling at Reverse Mountain? Listen closely, and I will reveal to you Laboon's tragic story.

He then told the past of Laboon. He told them how he became friends with a group of pirates after being lost. He also told them how the group of pirates told him to wait for them to come back from their voyage. The straw hats were looking at the old man in shock. They couldn't believe the whale had been waiting for 50 long years.

Crocus: That was fifty long years ago.

Y/n: Fifty Years?!

Usopp: So, Laboon has been waiting all this time for his friends to return...

Nami: No wonder he's upset... That kind of wait would drive anyone crazy!

SMALL TIMESKIP

The Straw Hats were now in the Going Merry sailing through a canal inside Laboon.

Y/n: This is some canal...

Zoro: Amazing this whale's still alive, with a hole like this in his body.

Sanji then looked at the old man who was riding his little island boat reading the newspaper.

Sanji: I suppose you're responsible for this?

Crocus: Just a doctors playful mind...

Y/n: DOCTOR?!

Crocus: That's right. Legally certified... I also ran a clinic on the cape once upon a time. Before that, I served as a ships doctor.

Luffy: Really? That's great... Then join us, we need a doctor.

Crocus: Don't be ridiculous. I no longer have that kind of energy. Exploring the seas is a young man's burden.

Crocus then stopped sailing when he got near a latter. He climbed up the latter.

Sanji: What king of a doctor hollows out the inside of a whale...

Nami: Maybe it's part of the treatment.

Y/n: That's a weird treatment then.

Crocus: The girl is right... With a creature of this size, it's virtually impossible to treat it from the outside. Therefore, I devise a more drastic solution.

The old man then walked over towards a crank handle.

Crocus: Here's the exit...

He then pulled the crank making the exit door open. When it opened they all saw the real sky and regular blue ocean. They finally were out of the whale.

Luffy jumped on where Merry's head used to be and threw his hands in the air.

Luffy:[Laughs] THE SKY!

They then sailed the outside with Crocus right next to them. Usopp looked back at the whale in thought.

Usopp: Don't you think fifty years is a bit extreme? Those pirates sure know how to test someone's patience.

Sanji: Idoit! Don't ya get it? It's the Grand Line. His friends are dead.

Y/n: Hate to admit it but Sanji's right. That whale can wait forever, they won't be back.

Nami: Sad to say, but that's probably true... back in the day when those guys traveled Grand Line it was an uncharted sea, a thousand times more treacherous than it is now.

Usopp: Ugh! Why are you all being so pessimistic? You don't know if they're dead! They could still come back for him! Come on. Have some sympathy, will ya?! I thought it was very touching. I mean a whale still believing a promise his friends made despite all these years?! That's a true bond! Right, pops?!