The letter

Sarada Uchiha was born to Sasuke and Sakura Uchiha a few days ago. They were out traveling together for more than a year now. But they have a reason to return home, a very good reason. The trip back would take just short of a month, but they knew it would be worth it... at least to Sakura, seeing the shocked face from a certain Ino Yamanaka would definitely be worth it. 

While getting packed up they thanked team taka, especially Karin for their hospitality. But for also being a safe haven to bring their Uchiha princess into this world. Though before the trek home they sent a letter to Kakashi informing him of their return, It read...

---------------------------------------------------------

Dear Kakashi sensei, 

We, Sasuke-kun and I are planning on returning home. The trek will be estimated at just shy of a month but it'll be worth it. I know it. Please inform all of our friends soon, I would like them to be at the gates when we arrive back home. If anything happens along the way, we will be sure to inform you. If you could get someone to tidy my apartment that would be great. Sasuke-kun says 'Hi'. See you all soon! 

Best regards, 

Sakura and Sasuke U. 

------------------------------------------------------

About 3 days later Sasuke's hawk arrived in the village, straight to the window of the Hokage tower, it was sitting. Shikamaru saw the bird and told Kakashi of its presence. 

"Hokage-sama" Shikamaru started 

"Please, don't be so formal" He responded 

The Nara man nodded in response 

"Ah, Sasuke's hawk is outside the window"

Kakashi sat up and went to retrieve the note it held. He unfolded it and read it to himself. Shikamaru looked on impatiently. As he finishes reading the letter he smiles at the signatures. 

"Dammit! Just tell me already!" 

"H-Hai, I'll read to you" he said a bit startled 

He started, "We, Sasuke-kun and I are planning on returning home. The trek will be estimated at just shy of a month but it'll be worth it. I know it. Please inform all of our friends soon, I would like them to be at the gates when we arrive back home. If anything happens along the way, we will be sure to inform you. If you could get someone to tidy my apartment that would be great. Sasuke-kun says 'Hi'. See you all soon!"

Shikamaru nods with a pleased expression drawn on his face 

"Who's going to clean her apartment?" He questions

"Don't worry I have someone in mind" Kakashi says 

"Ah, should I go get everyone?" Shikamaru askes 

"Hai" 

As Shikamaru takes his leave Kakashi takes a moment to himself, just thinking of his students. Naruto and Hinata got married and had their first kid a few months ago, and now Sasuke is making moves in his relationship with Sakura. Then there is Sai, who technically was a part of team 7 for a bit, that being said he and Ino are expecting their first child too. It brought him joy to see his students make a life of their own. Seeming how he basically considers them as his own children, or at least his own family. 

It was around the afternoon when everyone from Konoha 12 was inside the Hokage's office. Everyone was a bit on edge as all they were told was "Come quick, Hokage-sama needs you!" from Shikamaru. They all thought it was going to be something drastic, and very important. 

"Good afternoon everyone" 

a series of "Afternoon" or "Good afternoon" came after

"As you all may know I've sent Shikamaru after you all to be here, well everyone but Hinata who's looking after Boruto. I anyway have an important announcement. I-"

"Ahh, you're finally going to let us see your face!" Naruto yelled out 

"Oh, oh! You're going on vacation so I can take over?!" he said again 

"Naruto! Stop!" Temari yelled at him

"As I was saying before I got interrupted... I got a letter a bit earlier today, and-"

"And...?!" Naruto pushed 

"It was addressed to me from Sakura. They both are returning home, but she said it would take about a month to get here. Though I don't know why Sasuke wouldn't use his Rinnegan. But as long as they return home safe I don't think that matters to us, Right?"

"YAY!!" Ino cried 

"You scared us for a second, Hokage-sama" TenTen said 

"Please for the last time, don't be so formal. Kakashi sensei is preferred" He said in return 

With that everyone had a nice evening. 

-----------------------------------------------------------  

That's it for chapter one! see you in chapter 2 

:>