Cleaning lady?

It was now a few days later as he returned to the village from a mission in the land of waves. He was on his way to report back to the Hokage. He went inside the Hokage's office, and Kakashi turned to face him

"Ah, my old friend" Kakashi greeted 

"Hai, Kakashi I have my report here for you" He replied 

"All good then," Kakashi hesitantly responded "But actually I have another mission- well more like job request, from yours truly to complete" 

He nodded in response 

"Well Itachi, your sister-in-law sent me a letter two days ago" Kakashi started 

"What?! What do you mean by that?" Itachi asked 

"Here look and read the letter for yourself" Kakashi reaches out for a paper on his desk and holds it out for Itachi to grab. 

"Okay" 

As Itachi read the letter Sakura sent just a few days ago, Kakashi looked on awaiting a response. Itachi then looked up and simply smiled. 

"I didn't think my little brother was capable of such things, Kakashi."

"Yes, aren't we both. This was... let's see" Kakashi pauses to calculate "...9 years in the making, give or take. Wow I feel old" He finishes whispering the last bit just loud enough for Itachi to hear. 

"Don't think I didn't heard that" They share a small laugh 

"Ahh, let's get back on track. shall we?" Kakashi insisted "Hai" Itachi answered 

"As you read the letter first hand, you can see that Miss Sakura needs help tidying her apartment. As a welcome back gift and a welcome to clan type deal, I think you should do the tidying." 

"Kakashi, is that all?" 

"Yes. But there are some circumstances you must follow."  Kakashi starts "Okay?"

"You and I are the only ones who actually read the letter. Konoha 12 only knows that they are on their way back, not married. So you'll have to keep that information to yourself, Hokage's orders" 

"Well, I can't really turn down Hokage's orders" Itachi simply states. "Alright, give me the address. It will be done before the end of the week, mark my words. But when they arrive I would like some time off from missions to be with Sasuke" Itachi states

"We can arrange that" Kakashi responds with a nod 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Time skip~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So there Itachi finds himself bright and early in front of her apartment complex, entering through the gate. Room 401 it read on the door in front of him. "Well here we are" Itachi opens the door with the spare key he was provided by Kakashi. He walked into a relatively clean space, as he walked farther into the apartment he realized that it would only need a simple cleaning. "I think this just needs a little freshening up" Itachi said aloud. 

Over there next few days, he managed to vacuum and/or sweep the floors, dust,  remake the bed and couch, clean the bathroom, and tidy up the kitchen. "looks like my work here is done, guess I should report back to Kakashi" Itachi says to himself. 

It only took him a few minutes to get to Hokage tower from the apartment complex. As he walked in he was greeted by assistant Shikamaru, "Itachi, good afternoon" He greeted him 

"Same to you, is Kakashi busy at all?" 

"Nah, not at the moment. would you like me to take you there?" 

"Normally I would say yes, but since this matter is somewhat secretive I prefer to not drag you along" Itachi said in the nicest way possible. 

"fair enough, you know where the office is, take care" 

Itachi nodded and then proceeded to Hokage's office. Kakashi was just about finished with his stack of paperwork putting together some C-rank missions when Itachi came into view. 

"Kakashi, I have finished my mission!"

"Ahh, so you have Itachi. Very well, I should get a letter back to Sakura informing her of your cleaning mission being complete." 

"Do what you need, Kakashi. While you are writing could I propose a dinner invitation? Just the two of us, probably get some classic ramen... and talk over what will potentially happen over the next month"

"My calendar is free for the rest of the evening after I finish up these last two papers. I suppose I cant refuse an offer from someone who I see as a brother." 

"Shall I make reservations?" Kakashi asked, "Sure, but as it is my offer I will pay" 

The two started rambling while Kakashi finished his papers. including his letter to Sakura and Sasuke. It read...

"Dear Sakura and presumably Sasuke,

The one who I assigned the task of cleaning your apartment has finished. You can expect to have a clean and tidy living area to come home to. I know it's been about a week since I first received the letter from you, How is the traveling going? I realized that in the letter you said you were traveling back home, which is fine, but I don't understand why Sasuke couldn't just use his rinneagan to teleport you both back here faster? Though as long as you shall return to the village, and return safe, I don't think it will be much of an issue. Unless you're Naruto who can't sit still to wait for anything. 

Best regards,

Kakashi-sensei "

As Kakashi got up from his seat to summon Pakku to deliver the letter. As the dog ran out in the distance, now the Hokage's only mission was to make it to dinner on time. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the realllyyyy long update time, but it's finally here! hope you enjoyed it. see you all in chapter 3 

-Your Homie