Almost there

Picking up right where we started off, except sasusaku's pov.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Two days later they received a letter from Pakku, it read... 

"Dear Sakura and presumably Sasuke,

The person who I assigned the task of cleaning your apartment has finished. You can expect to have a clean and tidy living area to come home to. I know it's been about a week since I first received the letter from you, How is the traveling going? I realized that in the letter you said you were traveling back home, which is fine, but I don't understand why Sasuke couldn't just use his rinneagan to teleport you both back here faster? Though as long as you shall return to the village, and return safe, I don't think it will be much of an issue. Unless you're Naruto who can't sit still to wait for anything.

Best regards,

Kakashi-sensei "

"Ah, that's nice" Sakura said out loud. Startling Sasuke which led to waking up a sleepy Sarada. "Shh, it's okay, momma's here. no need to fuss" Sakura cooed as she was handed the Uchiha baby. 

  "Sakura, what's nice?" Sasuke questioned

"Kakashi-sensei's letter, he informed me that my apartment room has been cleaned. So when we get back we have at least something to spend the night in." 

"Ah" Sasuke responded, "Makes sense" 

"Though he did ask a question." Sakura said. "Yeah?" Sasuke questions.

"He asked why you couldn't you just use your rinneagan to teleport us. But the answer is clear to us, not him, or any of the others." Sakura answers. 

"Ah, true" Sasuke responds 

"You know, Sasuke, we are almost there. Just a few days to go, like 3 I think" Sakura happily says. Sasuke just nods in response.  Though he didn't seem like he was looped into the conversation, he was. He actually enjoyed Sakura just talking, talking about nothing particular. Just being in her presence was all he needed really, and Sakura knew this. 

"We should write back to Kakashi, y'know"  Sakura told Sasuke. "I suppose" Sasuke says in return.  "when we get to a good stopping point for the night we will write him, ok?" Sasuke responded. 

It was now around lunchtime when all three of them were back on the road again. But it was about 3 hours later when Sakura spoke aloud, "Hey, Sasuke. doesn't this place seem familiar?" Sasuke turns his head towards the pinkette, "Hn, I suppose you're right" he responds. He agreed with Sakura's statement because he saves every place he's been with his rinneagan and stores it in his memory. "Ah, I remember now. this is where our bench is" Sasuke states. "We should stop and take a rest" Sakura continues. 

So that's what they do, in the next mere minutes they find themselves sitting on their bench. Sakura finds herself leaning her head against her husband's shoulder while holding Sarada. Eventually, she fell asleep for a small nap, leaving Sasuke to reminisce about the past.  He remembers all the times she called out to him, in the hospital bed she gave him a warm embrace, he remembers looking at Naruto's solemn face. He smirks thinking of how the dobe is going to make fun of him when he gets back to the village. But he won't be mad, as he's chosen this life and loves all of the people in it. 

Once Sakura woke up Sasuke reminded her to write Kakashi back. while Sakura writes, Sasuke is stuck holding his daughter careful not to wake her up. The letter says,

"Dear Kakashi-sensei

We are about 2 days away from returning to the village, at least once you get this it will be. I could answer your question from the last letter we received but I can't, you will find out once we get there. Don't send anything back as we should be only a few hours away if you were to send Pakku out again once you get this. I am excited to be back and can't wait to see everyone again, and I bet Sasuke is too. Also thank you for getting my room clean it will help out a lot! Though if it's possible we want to meet everyone for dinner at Naruto's house the night we return, because I only have a small apartment and well Sasuke... you know. That's all! can't wait to see you all!

From,

Sakura and Sasuke U."

"Okay I'm done writing, Sasuke can you summon your hawk please?" He does as asked and in a few seconds you can see the bird. Sakura hands the letter to the bird and off it goes. As the small Uchiha family moves through the forest back to the village Sakura and Sasuke come across what to them is an ancient relic, A tree. Not just any tree but their tree, no really it's their tree, in the tree's bark is an engraved heart with the letters "S+S" inside of it. But now that there are three of them Sasuke went up to the tree, took a kunai from his pocket, and carved a smaller "s" in the middle. After, they were back on the road. 

------------------------------------------------------------------

Done with this chapter! sorry this took a bit I was on vacation and was lazy. now I  have covid so we will see how much more I can update while stuck at home. I can't tell you when the next chapter will be up but I will get around to it when I can. :)