Prologue

(WARNING PHYSICAL AND VERBAL ABUSE)

Y/n loved his mom. His mom was a strong and beautiful woman with H/c hair and E/c eyes. They were identical, besides the freckles on
Y/n's cheek.

"Your freckles are the most wonderful in all of Padokea." Y/n's mother, Lisa smiled at her son.

Six year old Y/n tilted his head. "Do you really think so, mommy?"

"I do." Lisa kissed Y/n's forehead.

Y/n giggled and smiled. "I have the most wonderful freckles!" Y/n cheered.

And from that day on, that's how Y/n always introduced himself.

"I'm Y/n L/n and I have the most wonderful freckles in all of Padokea!"

Many of the children found it as bragging. They realized they didn't have freckles, and felt like Y/n was better than them. Like Y/n mattered more than them.

So Y/n became an outcast. No boys or girls would play with Y/n. Y/n was alone.

Until, he met Kurapika Kurta. A blonde boy with brown eyes.

Y/n was sitting on a swing, alone like always. He watched as the other kids played with each other, while he was left out. Y/n didn't want to come to the park anymore, but his mother kept bringing him promising that he would find a friend one day. And Y/n did.

"Hey, you have really pretty freckles!" A six year old Kurapika complimented.

"Yeah..." Y/n sadly said. "My mom said they're the most wonderful in all of Padokea."

"I believe that." Kurapika smiled.

Y/n looked at Kurapika. "R-really?!"

Kurapika nodded.

"Will you be my friend?" Y/n asked.

"Of course!" Kurapika rapidly nodded.

"I'm Y/n L/n!" Y/n grinned. "And I have the most wonderful freckles in all of Padokea!"

"I'm Kurapika Kurta. Nothing special about me." Kurapika nervously laughed.

"That's fine. You're still my friend, Kurapika. I'm no better than you!"

Kurapika rubbed Y/n's hair.

And there started a life long friendship between the two.

Kurapika protected Y/n from bullies, and Y/n got to see Kurapika's eyes turn scarlet red. To Y/n, it was the most beautiful thing he had ever saw in his eight years of life.

"Kurapika, your eyes..."

The bullies ran off. Kurapika looked at Y/n with his eyes still red.

"Y/n, i-"

"They're beautiful, Kurapika!" Y/n murmured

Kurapika was surprised. He thought Y/n would run away from him in fear.

"You have the most wonderful eyes in all of Padokea!" Y/n grinned.

Kurapika burst into laughter, as his eyes went back to brown.

"Thank you, Y/n."

~

It was so sudden, so random. When Y/n was thirteen, he got step brothers and a step father. Lisa looked so happy with Y/n's step father, Jason. Jason's sons, Jay, and Jamey were the bullies from the park.

Y/n wanted to hurt them. He wanted to beat those boys from all those years ago, but he didn't.

He stayed calm, and collected. Lisa was happy, and Y/n didn't want to do anything to hurt that happiness. Even if it meant living with Jay and Jamey.

"Jay, Jamey, this is your new brother, Y/n." Jason introduced his sons to Y/n.

Y/n didn't say anything. He only smiled gently.

Jay and Jamey didn't hide their disgust.

"Look, Jay, it's that bragging brat from the park." Jamey snarled.

Jamey was a chubby boy with blonde hair and blue eyes.

"I noticed." Jay glared at Y/n.

Jay was a skinny boy with blonde hair and black eyes.

Y/n's smile faltered.

"The freckled loser!" Jay laughed.

Jamey cackled with his older brother.

Y/n stared in hurt.

They were making fun of his freckles. His prize possession. Jason said nothing.

Y/n scurried off. He looked in the mirror at the freckles that went from ear to ear across his cheeks and nose.

Y/n pulled out some of his mom's makeup. They were a similar skin tone. Y/n put the make up over his freckles to hide them.

"My freckles..." Y/n stared at the mirror, as he gently sobbed.

"My freckles are hideous..."

~

It was only a few months into the marriage, and the Three J's, as Y/n liked to called Jason, Jay, and Jamey, had become abusive.

At first, it was only verbal. But then, Jason tried to hit Lisa.

Y/n lost it, and attacked Jason before he could hit Y/n's mother.

"Y/n!" Lisa gasped.

Y/n was beating the shit out of Jason, with no hesitation.

Jay and Jamey saw this when they came into the living room. Jay kicked Y/n off of their injured and bloody father.

"You can hit and yell at me all you want." Y/n growled. "But don't ever touch my mother again."

Jay and Jamey helped Jason up.

"Little shit!" Jason growled.

Y/n stood defensively in front of Lisa.

"Your life is going to be hell you little shit!" Jason cursed.

"Whatever, you abusive bastard." Y/n snapped. "Do what you wish to me. Just never hurt my mother."

Jason smirked. "Fine. We won't lay a finger on her."

"Good."