One

Life did become hell for Y/n. Jason would get upset at Y/n over the smallest things.

Especially when Y/n didn't cover his freckles in the morning. It pissed Jay and Jamey off, which pissed Jason off.

Jason hadn't hit Y/n in a year. He only yelled and screamed in his face, but Y/n never broke. He knew he had to be strong, for Lisa.

Lisa's heart was tearing apart. She couldn't protect her son, like she had promised Y/n's father to. Her son was protecting her. Y/n stilled believed he was the man of the house, even with Jason there.

It was because of the last words Y/n's father told him.

"You're the man of the house, Y/n." Y/n's father told a four year old Y/n. "You have to protect your mother, okay? No matter what."

Y/n took that seriously. He has to protect his mother, and was going to the end of time.

Even if that meant getting stuck with the domestic duties. Jason didn't allow Lisa to do any domestic work. She had to work the nine-to-five job she had been to support Y/n.

Jason worked as well. He was a CEO of a big company in Padokea, but he had to keep the company unnamed. Well, that's what he told people. He was actually ran a underground black market, which Jay and Jamey were going to inherit.

Y/n stayed away from that at all costs. Y/n just went to high school, being fourteen. He went with Jay and Jamey. Y/n was a bit late to school everyday, because he had to do check-ins with Jason every morning.

"How are your grades?"

"Can we do this after school—"

"You will answer my questions!"

"All B's." Y/n muttered miserably.

It was the same questions everyday.

"You still friends with that Kurapika boy?"

"Yes."

"You should—"

"Get new friends. Blah blah blah! Can I go now?!" Y/n finally snapped.

"Who are you talking to like that— Get back here, Cinderboy!"

Y/n had walked away from the dining table. He grabbed his backpack, slipped on his shoes,

"MY NAME IS Y/N, DAMN YOU!" and he left the house. Jason was yelling at Y/n, until Y/n slammed the front door closed and went to school.

~

Y/n sat at lunch with Kurapika.

"Kurapikaaaa this sucks!" Y/n whined.

Y/n didn't have his own lunch, so Kurapika usually shared, just like today with his sandwich.

"I know, Y/n. Especially now that you have to cover your freckles. Your life is horrible. Why dont you just come live with me?" Kurapika offered again.

Kurapika offered everytime Y/n whined or complained about his home life.

"You know I can't, Kurapika. My mom. I can't leave her with them. Who knows what they'll do to her if I did." Y/n murmured.

Y/n clenched his fist at the thought. It pissed
Y/n off. He would kill all three of them if they touched his mother.

"Calm down," Kurapika tells Y/n. "Everything is going to be okay. You're gonna get out of this, with your mom."

"Do you promise, Kurapika?"

Kurapika nodded. "I promise."

"Thank you, PikaPika." Y/n smiled.

~

Y/n got home, and Jason was yelling at Y/n continuously. Y/n just ignored the yelling, and did his chores. Jason finally gave up and left
Y/n alone.

Y/n had to do laundry. Y/n just separated the whites form the colors of Jay's clothes. He threw in the black underwear.

Y/n grabbed it, and then immediately dropped it.

"It's sticky... Again..."

Y/n gagged in disgust. Y/n grabbed it by the corner, and dropped it into the washer. The rest of Jay's underwear were sticky as well.

"How is that man's arm not as swole as the sun?!" Y/n questioned in confusion.

"Oh calm down, I don't jerk off that much."  Jay glared.

"Every damn week, I swear the underwear gets stickier and stickier!" Y/n snapped.

Jay snorted. "Impossible."

"Little brat." Y/n mumbled.

"Say that again, Cinderboy?" Jay growled.

"Stop calling me Cinderboy!"

"Why not? You're just a rip off of Cinderella." Jay snorted.

"Just leave me alone," Y/n shrugged Jay off.

Jay left.

"I can't wait until I'm 18 so I can have Freedom." Y/n sighed.

Freedom is what Y/n wished for. And no, the Capitalization is meant.

Freedom for Y/n meant something different.

It was something better than the definition. And Y/n was going to find it in a few years.

He just needs to be patient.

But, can he wait?