07

𝗝𝘂𝗻𝗲 𝟮𝟲𝘁𝗵 (𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗹𝗹)
10:12 PM

I hear Harry shoot behind me, as I lean on the side of the pool table. I shift my eyes over the balcony. Louis and Talia found a spot at the bar, and still can't seem to keep their hands off each other.

Niall's laugh echoes from across the room. I look over to see the waitress put her hand on his chest, laughing at whatever he said. I take another sip of my drink and put it back down on the table.

And to think he couldn't shut up about me at breakfast this morning.

"Don't worry. He will still be your puppy by the end of the night." Harry chuckles. I stand up straight, and turn to look at the layout Harry had left on the table. With stick in hand, I walk around the pool table to shoot from beside him.

He looks me up and down as I strut closer. The lighting of the room emphasizes the color of his eyes. His eyes are the kind of green you wouldn't even be able to find in a forest.

"Who said I want him to be my puppy?" I ask, before bending over to make a shot. I focus on the pocket I want. After carefully aiming, I miss.

I stand back up and meet eyes with Harry once again. He seemed surprised by my answer, and there was a short pause. He looks at the table to analyze his next move. His eyebrows furrow.

"Then what exactly do you want?" He asks.

Harry looks up from focusing on his play. Our eyes meet again. He grins in response.

Butterflies.

"You really want to know?" I chuckle.

He nods, before bending over and shooting his shot into the corner pocket. Harry stands back up, and folds his hands on top of the stick. He rests his head on his hands, and turns his full attention to me.

"Honestly, I just want something real." I say, looking over to Harry.

He looks down with his smirk, and walks around the table. Harry is now next to me, and bends over to take another shot. He aims accurately, but misses. Harry groans, and stands back up. He turns to lean against the table, copying the position I was in.

"Who doesn't?" He muttered.

I guess he's got a point.

I laugh in response before saying, "Well, it's been hard to find. Every guy seems to be the same."

He laughs. "Are the guys in the city all tools?"

"I swear they all use the same script." I chuckle. I lean the pool stick against the table beside me, freeing my hands. He smiles.

"Well, girls tend to be the same for me as well." Harry says.

"Oh really? Real estate women are all the same?" I ask.

He laughs. "Not exactly. I don't screw people I work with." He sets his pool stick against the table beside him as well. I nod.

We both look over the balcony from the second floor. Talia and Louis have made some friends at the bar. Talia seems to be yelling from across the bar towards a couple. She raises her glass, and spills a good amount of her drink.

Louis can babysit her tonight. He might as well get used to it if he's gonna stick around with her.

"God, they make me want to puke." He groans.

I laugh in response. "It looks like he really likes her."

"Yeah, that's the issue. If it doesn't work out I'm gonna have to hear from both of their sides constantly." He sighs.