The After Effect of the Painful Encounter

She stood there, unable to register the fast happenings around her.

Just few moments ago, she proposed the love of her life and now the sweet bubble of happiness burst into tears of pain.

Every memory flashed in front of her eyes, how she complained against him to the teachers, which accused him of stealing exam papers. Their intense argument in the rain outside the school. Then Sameer started to impress her with his charm, invited her to his birthday party and made her believed that she was indeed special to him.

How they first met each other anywhere except school purposely in the temple. Naina even remembered how Sameer tried to kiss her hand but she, not approving of this, slapped him.

She was stepping backwards, towards the edge of the hill.

How she came to this trip after many requests for his sake. The moments they spent together, near the bonfire, while boating and the cotton candy they shared. How they sat on this hill all night, watching stars when she first realized that Sameer had a different, hidden personality too. She came to know that he was short of love.

Sameer lowered his gaze, not being able to look in her eyes. He started to run away, Munna Pandit after him.

Everything started to fade from her mind, voices of the boys ringing in her ears. Her head started to shake and she finally lost her consciousness.

Thank You for reading, do not forget to vote and comment.