Loosing Acceptance

Preeti placed the teddy bear on the bed and patted its head. She then moved towards the bathroom and placing her head against the door, she said, "Naina, c'mon tell me about your trip."

"Firstly, you left me behind and went by yourself and now you're not even telling what you did" Preeti pouted turning away.

Hearing no answer annoyed her even more. "You always act superior. You have always been like this."

On one hand, Preeti was complaining several things while on the other hand all her words seemed to fade away in front of Naina. All she could register was the same confession she did a few hours ago.

"I LOVE YOU SAMEER"

There was a brief silence for a minute or two where only the sound of water dripping down uncontrollably could be heard.

"Naina are you bathing?" Preeti asked curious, forgetting her anger for once. "But why all of a sudden?"

Getting no response again, she knocked on the door, "Open the door, say something."

However Naina was paying no heed to her words. She was drenched from head to toe but it was like she was dead to her bodily self.

Preeti was very worried by now. She warned for the last time , "Naina! If you don't open the door I will barge in"

She waited for a while and then using all her might, pushed the door open. The sight in front of her scared and shocked her.

She immediately took the tumbler away from her hand and turned the tap off. "What are you doing? Have you gone crazy?"

Naina was breathing heavily as her sister wrapped her in a towel and made her stand from the stool she was sitting on.

Preeti practically dragged her out of the bathroom. 

"Why have you drenched yourself? What if you got sick?"

Meanwhile scolding her, she made Naina sit on the chair in front of the dressing table and started wiping her hair, from standing behind her.

"Are you possessed?" 

"You are acting very strange since you came back from Mt. Abu."

Naina uttered, "During the trip......."

"What happened on the trip?"

"How can anyone do such things with anyone?.....All boys are the same."

Preeti eyed Naina in the mirror and stopped wiping her hair, sat beside her on the bed. In a concerned tone, she asked, "Naina, what's wrong? Please explain properly."

She shook her and asked once more to tell her about the cause of this sudden change.

Naina nodded her head horizontally in a no, "Nothing."

"The wind was strong there, so I got dust in my eyes. Now the dust is clear. Everything is clear now. Clearer than before."

That was when Bela and Beena walked in.

Taiji asked pointing towards Naina, "If the dust went in your eyes, what was the need of bathing from head to toe?"

She shrugged her from behind, "What is wrong with you?"

She turned towards Bela saying, "Is she out of her wits?"

"Just look at her. All her clothes are wet."

Bela glanced at Naina for an answer and then asked Preeti, "Dear, what happened to her?"

Preeti replied confused equally, "I don't know, Mummy."

"I was telling her about Megha.......then she went to the bathroom" Preeti tried to explain.

"Oh god! Hearing about about her has put her in a shock. Even we have received a shock.

After all they are good friends."

Beena cut her off yelling, "They WERE friends." She turned to Naina and said in a threatening tone, "You don't dare to be friends with her anymore. Understand?"

She continued, "A girl who eloped with a guy that too on her wedding day is sure to be humiliated and grief stricken. I say, learn from her and don't repeat her mistake else you now know the consequences. Stay away from such guys."

Beena was blabbering for her own gossips but what she didn't knew was that her words were working like a sword wounding Naina's heart.

"How could I trust a boy who made a mockery of my true love?" Naina was questioning herself.

Beena jerked her once more, "Why are you silent? Is anything entering your head or not?"

Bela said, "Bhabiji, let it be. Naina is already in a state....."

-"Why will I let it be? Both these girls need to swallow this bitter pill to avoid taking the wrong steps in the future."

"We are the elders. We have to wail in the end."

Bela nodded, "Yes Bhabiji, I understood. I will make them understand"

"You did not understand anything. Keep quiet.
You two listen carefully- Boys are hard metal and girls are soft clay."
"If girls break once, they lose their honor."

"Got it?"
"Do you know that girl used to go meet her lover secretly, making an excuse of going to college? She used to lie at home and hang out with him at the park.

Naina recalled how she too lied of going to the temple and secretly met Sameer. 

Taiji continued making a disgusted expression, "In the line of P.C.O, she used to wait for hours to talk to her lover."

This too hurt her as well because after all, she too did it all.

Taiji concluded saying, "Now you tell me, if such a foolish girl will jump in a well, who will shed tears for her?"

She instructed Naina for the final time, "If you are done with al your touring business, return to this world and do some work. Tomorrow is Pralay's birthday- you both have to do all the decorations."

She then asked Bela to accompany her to the kitchen for some work and on the way Bela instructed Preeti to change Naina's clothes."

Some faded complains from the kitchen could still be heard, "These girls have fed me up."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the other hand, Sameer's stepfather was complaining about his attitude to his Nanu, "We had a close shave from becoming a joke over there. Questions were about to be raised about our upbringing and values. Our reputation was to be torn to shreds. And you are saying you did not do anything wrong!

I haven't came across such a stubborn lad like you."

He turned to Vishakha and said, "Vishakha, there is no point arguing with him. Let's go from here.

Nanu said, "Sameer, they have told me everything."

"Then ask them what they did to me", Sameer shouted.

"Nanu, they refused to accept me as their son. They refused to recognize me. Moreover, they told openly that I am not their son.

Tell me Nanu, which mother does this to his son?

I had lost my dad already and now my mother is here for namesake.

Hey lovely readers, an update after looooooong. But I will now try to be regular. A good news is that it's not the complete update for today...i will edit it later and add some parts at the last. DON'T FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT. Both inline and outline comments are most welcome.

Bye