Ashamed of Myself

It seemed like a normal afternoon in Nirmal Jyoti Society. Arjun and Shefali were returning from their cricket practice.

"Arjun, today's practice went really well, right?" She asked.

He replied with pride, "It had to be. After all, you are getting trained under the best cricketer of the society."

Shefali said, a bit annoyed, "Okay fine. Stop it now."

She added on, "Tell me something, I can be a good cricketer, right?"

Arjun answered, "You will surely be if you work hard".

She spotted Megha in the lane and ran to her. "Megha, how are you", she asked with excitement in her voice.

Megha lowered her eyes.

Two women were passing by. One of them commented, "Is not she the same girl that eloped with her lover?"

"Yes, she is the one", another replied, "She ran from her wedding dais in the attire of bride".

"She disgraced her parents in front of the entire society", they continued.

"Disgusting", they said.

To distract Megha, Shefali held her hands questioning, "What are you holding?"

"A cassette!" She exclaimed.

She smacked her forehead, "Who listens to Mukesh's songs these days? His songs are so heart wrenching. You..", she could not finish.

Arjun brought his cycle towards them, "Shefali."

-Yes

"I will be taking your leave".

-Let's go together. Even Megha will..

"No! Actually I have to go somewhere else. So, I will go. You carry on.

Bye, Shefali"

Megha, knowing the reason behind Arjun's strange behavior, sighed and moved a few steps ahead when Shefali stopped her again.

They both started walking.

"I will give you a cassette of Kishore's songs. His songs are amazing. They are like those peppy ones. You will like them.

Did you watch 'Baghi', that Salman's film."

Seeing that Megha was not responding, she continued, "Megha, tell me something. Do you like English songs?

Michael Jackson's new album, 'Bad' has released. It's songs are very good. Whenever I listen them, I feel like dancing."

Megha was still quiet. Hence, Shefali only added, "What are your hobbies? You can tell me that."

"Do you know what happened to me yesterday?" She said as they both entered the society.

********************************************************************************************

The three friends entered Sameer's home, placing their bags down.

Pandit tried to convince Sameer once more, "Sameer, listen. Pal, you are not at fault. It was our mistake."

He shushed him saying, "I do not want to about this. Please leave me alone."

"Sameer, we incited those boys that Naina is going to propose you", Munna stated. "Had not we incited them, they would not have said all that to her".

He sounded frustrated, "Munna, I told you. I do not want to talk. Please go to your home."

Munna convinced him, "Sameer, Naina is a very sensible girl. She will understand if you explain it to her."