Fears coming true

Preeti was sitting on the sofa, reading a book when Taiji brought Naina, dragging in.

"I will teach you a lesson now", she growled, "You are so interested in meeting people...."

She pulled her towards the other side of the hall and made her stand in front of her.

Preeti was not ready for this sudden entry so she tried to say something, "Taiji why are you scolding her?"

-Shut up!

She then turned to Naina and started scolding her with big, red eyes, "Why do you want to know everything? You went to meet her...."

Bela came from inside, speaking in between, "Naina, you are back", she exclaimed.

Taiji imitated her, "Naina you are back. Can't you see?"

Preeti quietly stood beside Naina.

Taiji now scowled for another reason, "Look at her western ways, she got a teddy bear!"

Bela answered smiling, "May god prevent me from lying, what is the problem here? See how cute he his."

-First everyone says that, see how cute he his, but afterwards everything happens that happened with Megha.

This remark made the smile disappear from Bela's lips and she nodded in disagreement.

Taiji instructed moving her finger in the air, "Bela, make her understand. She should not meet that characterless girl. Even our girls will be misguided if they meet that girl."

Bela just nodded her head.

She turned around to the sisters and warned, "Listen to me loud and clear- From today, you will not go for picnics or attend any birthday parties. From school, you will be returning to home.

Get it, or shall I explain once more?"

They both nodded and Taiji exclaimed, suddenly remembering something, "God! In this drama, I forgot to get the ginger."

Bela rolled her eyes, already knowing what was coming ahead.

"Bela get some ginger."

-Ginger?

"Yes, ginger. I am not asking for your jewellery, just ginger. Go get it", she ordered.

As they both headed towards the kitchen, Preeti hugged Naina.

Naina hugged her back and inquired that what all the fuss about Megha was.

-Better not ask, sister. Her marriage got cancelled. You know, she was in love with a boy and both were supposed to elope, but the boy ditched her.

She remembered that Sameer too betrayed her.

***********************************************************************************************

Sameer picked his bag up and was leaving for his room when he heard a stern voice from behind, "Wait, Sameer!"

"Nanu", he exclaimed and bent down to touch his feet.

-God bless you!

Sameer passed a little smile, "How are you doing, Nanu?"

-I am obviously fine. However, what you did was not right."

He mumbled, "That......"

-Sameer, what happened at during the trip of Mount Abu trip?"

Better tell me the truth, he said with firm voice.

Sameer went into thoughts for a moment, remembering how Naina cared for him when he was sick, how she presented her hand-knitted sweater to him, how she proposed to him.