𝟭𝟮. 𝗗𝗲𝗮𝗹 𝗼𝗿 𝗻𝗼 𝗱𝗲𝗮𝗹?

Haru's POV

"I'll check for survivors"

"Isn't this your sisters school?"

I twist my head towards my comrade and nod. Since this pandemic started I've only thought about my sister and grandparents. As the general was clear about me not being able to come here alone, I had to wait till we finally got send here to look for survivors.

Even though I'm eighteen and dropped out of school because I thought it was pure bullshit, seeing my old school surrounded by zombies isn't exactly the nicest image. 

Hara's probably enjoying this moment as she always wished the world to come to an end.

"We're ready for approach" My comrade speaks.

I grab my gun and hold it tightly to myself. We start to go down the rope. A boy around the age of 18 is standing at the door of the roof. I grab my gun and point it at him.

"Get on your knees!"

The boy does as we say and lowers himself. I run to him and check his temperature.

"38.8...Clear!"

I grab his arm. "Are you okay? Isn't there anyone else?"

"No, just me"

"Do you know Hara? Kang Hara? She's a junior and-"

"Joker, we have to go"

My comrade tightens himself to the rope. I turn my head to the rooftop door. It's moving heavily like someone is banging on it. 

"Hara..where are you"

"Joker?"

I turn to my comrade. "Okay...okay let's move!"

The boy and I walk to the helicopter and get pulled up by the rope. I place my gun besides me and let out a deep breathe.

"We will find your sister" My comrade says. "She's smart"

"Sister?" The boy in front of me speaks.

"Yes, yes do you know her? Her name is Kang Hara"

"I haven't seen her but I do know her.." His voice fades. "She's nice"

I disappointingly lower my head to my feet. But something about this boy knowing my sister gave me a sprinkle of hope.

After half an hour we arrive at the camp. We all leave the helicopter. I take the boy to the others and let him register himself.

"Hey, Joker" My friend Sanghoon marches towards me. "Still no sister?"

"No, not yet"

"Have you searched the school?"

"We were given orders not to do so"

Sanghoon sighs. "And you listened for what?"

"Maybe it's a shocker to you but I actually still do want my job"

"Wahh, I thought being friends with the youngest of our group would be fun" Sanghoon sighs. "I didn't know you were actually the most boring one"

"Stop exaggerating" I throw my gun into his hands. "I know she's alive. I'll go back the first chance I get"

I grab my mask and take it off.

"Joker and green arrow!"

Sanghoon and I widen our eyes when hearing the voice of the general. He walks to us and greets us.