001 poet like

𝘀𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗼𝗻 𝗼𝗻𝗲, 𝗲𝗽𝗶𝘀𝗼𝗱𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲

𝗦𝗧𝗜𝗖𝗞𝗬 𝗔𝗡𝗗 𝗛𝗨𝗠𝗜𝗗 is the two words that anyone in Atalanta would describe the summer days they had. The sun beating down on them causing cases of sun stroke sending people of all ages into hospitals and doctors office's.

When the dead decided to walk, the world around them fell and very few survived. The quarry just outside Atlanta was hot. The water provided multiple sources. Hallie had her feet dipped in it as she sat on a large boulder, the water cooled down her body and the gentle breeze stopped beads of sweat from running down her face. A tinge of red rested over her nose and cheeks, curtesy of the beating sun and her outside chores that Lori had 'assigned' her.

The group that had been sent into the city still hadn't arrived back and a state of panic made its way into the group. Normally they'd be back in a few hours, at most a day. Three days was unusual and they hadn't heard anything that morning.

She jumped when she felt a hand on her shoulder, nearly slipping off the rock and into the water, luckily catching herself. She calmed down when she realised it was just her father, the man was hunched over laughing at her.

"That is not funny! I thought you were a Walker" Hallie glared at the man before pushing herself up and sliding her feet into her shoes.

"I'm sorry" Shane chuckled before continuing "c'mon back up to camp now"

Nodding Hallie linked her arm with her fathers as they both walked towards the jeep, bumping each other back and forth— parting ways to enter the car.

A blaring alarm could be heard from miles away, causing the group to gather around Dales R.V.
Abby had grabbed the baseball bat that was leant against the roof, quickly sliding down the ladder.

"Talk to me, Dale" Shane yelled up to the man.
Hallie was tucked into Shane's side, his face had a look of stress written all over it.

"Well I'll be damned" the man mumbled, pulling the binoculars away from his face.

" What is that?" Amy asked.

"A stolen car would be my guess" dale said as he climbed down the ladder.

The noise grew louder as a red sports car pulled up to them, Glenn climbing out.

"Holy crap! Turn that damn thing off!" Dale yells over the noise.

"I don't know how!" Glenn screeched.

"Pop the hood, please. Pop the damn hood please" Shane yelled over the noise of the alarm.

"My sister, Andrea..." Amy started.

"Pop the damn hood!" Shane yelled more forcefully drawing the attention of Glenn.

"What? Yeah okay" he mumbled climbing back in popping the hood.

"Is she okay? Is she all right!?" Amy yelled growing frustrated with the lack of answers.

"Yes! Yeah, everyone's fine. Well Merle not that much" Glenn spoke as he took off his cap running his hand through his hair.

Once the alarm was switched off shane walked right up to Glenn and started yelling "are you crazy, driving this wailing bastard up here? Are you trying to draw every Walker for miles!?"