014 memory lane

TAINTED YOUTH. orginal.
014   Memory lane
—————————

THE LIGHTS, ALTHOUGH DIM — BURNED HALLIE'S EYES. Her head was pounding and the nauseous pit in her stomach was bound to result in her vomiting. Hallie's skin was clammy and pale, the fluorescent lights reflected off her skin.

"Well, well, well. What do we have here?" A voice spoke, causing Hallie to look up. "I heard you, killed one of my men."

Hallie inhaled shakily. Shane had taught her how to handle men like him when she was just a child. "Kill or be killed, mister" she stated, the rope burning her skin at every movement.

Jackson paled. He was stood by the door, gripping his rifle. The Governor glared ad Hallie, a harsh sound of skin to skin echoed the room as the man used the back of his hand to hit her. Hallie's head hung to the side for a moment before she spat blood on the floor.

"Prick" she muttered.

The Governor rubbed his hands together, as he began circling her like a hawk did to its prey. Jackson had to admit — the girl was tough as nails, but she'd crack.

Everyone did.

The man laughed. "You, some kid just comes and kills one of my men and then calls me the prick?"

Hallie scoffed. "I killed your man after he chased me from a town, basically felt me up and then your other little boys drugged and kidnapped me" she hissed, her eyes blurring back into focus.

"That's a bit far fetched" He drawled, coming to lean infront of her. The man reached out and brushed a strand of hair from her face before standing and looking at Jackson.

"Let her rot in her for a few days. No food or water, see how she likes it then" The Governor ordered, banging on the door and walking out when it was closed.

Jackson looked at Hallie with pity. He nodded his head at the girl before following him out and the metal door slammed shut. Hallie let her head fall back.

Shit.

—————————

Lee looked at Beth with pleading eyes. "Beth, listen it's been seven days and she's not back — Maggie and Glenn are being held in some town and we need the extra hands, so please tell us where she is" the man begged, holding her hands tightly.

Beth squeezed his hand, and shook her head. "She said if she's not back by dark then I can tell you guys..."

"Beth our sister is missing!" Lee scoffed, his voice raising causing Beth to flinch.

"You don't think I know that! She's my sister too, your not the only one worried!" Beth exclaimed, coming to a stand.

Hershel cleared his throat, "you two need to calm down! They are out there getting Maggie and Glenn — you two fighting won't make it any quicker. Hallie said she'd be back tonight, if she isn't — we'll worry then. Lee say sorry to your sister, Beth say sorry to your brother."

"Sorry."

"Same"

Hershel let out an exasperated sigh but nonetheless shook his head. "Settled?" He asked.